• Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:88

Congrats to Christopher!!

https://racehero.io/...ults/1073744963

Looks like Congrats to Phillip Mccammon!! HC up 23

J~

2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Johnny D

Johnny D

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 6,121 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:88

FYI,

SM(Deux) Group G Qual Race is at 5:15 today

Champ Race 3:40 tomorrow

J~

• john mueller likes this
2011 NASA Western Endurance Racing Championship E3 Champ
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

great race upfront.  Now the shitty part of the event..... 

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Cnj

Cnj

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • Region:Sw
  • Car Number:32
Epic race.
Chris’s drive will build it’s own legend. 25th to win? Incredible.

I had lots of fun, and now am whipped.
Amazing class to race in.

CNJ.
  • john mueller, MPR22, mdavis and 1 other like this
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

WTF, why is everyone so quite?  Dyno runs, tech, who was not within the rules?

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22

WTF, why is everyone so quite?  Dyno runs, tech, who was not within the rules?

Why would someone risk 75k on a non compliant car?
  • Steve Scheifler likes this
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

Why would someone risk 75k on a non compliant car?

No offense Michael, do you remember how many got booted at Laguna Seca? Do you remember who got booted at last years Runoffs? Shall I continue places where people got booted for whatever reason? Because the winners purse was 70 whatever K your suggesting there was/is no tech? How many K does it take to get the top runners to the SCCA Runoffs or Nasa Nationals? Get real and take your hop on Like friend Steve with you.  

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

suck fumes

suck fumes

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Region:Lonestar
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:75
Amazing drive Chris!
  • MPR22 likes this
2010, 2011 SM Sowdiv points champion!
2011 National points champion!

WWW.MOTORSPORTHEAVEN.COM

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

No offense Michael, do you remember how many got booted at Laguna Seca? Do you remember who got booted at last years Runoffs? Shall I continue places where people got booted for whatever reason? Because the winners purse was 70 whatever K your suggesting there was/is no tech? How many K does it take to get the top runners to the SCCA Runoffs or Nasa Nationals? Get real and take your hop on Like friend Steve with you.

Why do you think there would be no tech at the biggest race in the history of amature sports car racing? At Laguna, if they tore down all of the car there may have well been no legal finishers.

The best driver won, he will pass any and all tech. No drama isn’t a bad thing.
  • Danica Davison likes this
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Jamz14

Jamz14

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
Jesus christ. No one is talking because everyone is tired. Tech isn't finished yet. I think 6 cars in impound overnight. Let them get some sleep, wake up, have something to eat, get to work on the cars, shower, load up there stripped cars, grab a beer, head out on the road, and start texting and driving under the influence first will you?
  • MPR22 likes this
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

LarryKing

LarryKing

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts
Great drive by the winner, but an epic race? It was a five car race then a four car race. Where was the 20 car freight train where anyone could win?
2017 - SMSE SEDiv ECR Champion
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ethomas

Ethomas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Region:Nevada
  • Car Number:92
I missed all of it. I hope someone has some in car getting posted soon. I need a good sm fix.

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

Great drive by the winner, but an epic race? It was a five car race then a four car race. Where was the 20 car freight train where anyone could win?

COTA is not really a drafting track so it was never likely that anyone of 20 could win.  Add to that, the chaos of how qualifying shook out. 

There were about 10 folks that had a legit shot at winning and that number was probably really 7-8.  

Drago and Pardus would have added to the party if they didn't get bottled or shunted.  Dan Williams had the pace not sure what happened to him.  Sommers got wrecked.

Maybe at next years runoffs there could be 20 cars that could win, but that is at a pure drafting track so you should see many more up near the front.   

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

I was just sent picture of my car.  It is fully F'ing disassembled. All four corner off, transmission and engine full tear down.  Not one thing hasn't been removed and taken apart.  I hope that is good enough for you David.  

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

I was just sent picture of my car.  It is fully F'ing disassembled. All four corner off, transmission and engine full tear down.  Not one thing hasn't been removed and taken apart.  I hope that is good enough for you David.  

Michael, be careful running your mouth, your not standing on very solid ice. MY QUESTION was why was everyone so quite after the race and were cars on the dyno for a first check which seems to be normal for NASA. By the way I viewed Chris's car after the 2017 Runoffs it was stripped clean with engine parts on the drivers seat and stuff dumped in car. If you haven't noticed most are still very quite posting about the race.

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

You are right, I am not standing on ice.  I am sitting at my desk working. 

I have been to many of the runoffs and from the pictures I was sent this is the most thorough tear down I have seen.  Wasn't there last year so I couldn't speak to it. 

So what should people be saying since you are so in the know?   Every year after the run-offs its quiet until the tear downs are official, this one is ongoing.  

In your usual obtuse manner you are trying to hint at something but I don't play those games.  Just use your words like a grown up and say what you mean. I am not into this passive aggressive rumor mongering bull$hip you seem to enjoy.  

• Jason J Ball likes this

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

Michael, be careful running your mouth, your not standing on very solid ice. MY QUESTION was why was everyone so quite after the race and were cars on the dyno for a first check which seems to be normal for NASA. By the way I viewed Chris's car after the 2018 Runoffs it was stripped clean with engine parts on the drivers seat and stuff dumped in car. If you haven't noticed most are still very quite posting about the race.

You are right, I am not standing on ice.  I am sitting at my desk working. 

I have been to many of the runoffs and from the pictures I was sent this is the most thorough tear down I have seen.  Wasn't there last year so I couldn't speak to it. 

So what should people be saying since you are so in the know?   Every year after the run-offs its quiet until the tear downs are official, this one is ongoing.  

In your usual obtuse manner you are trying to hint at something but I don't play those games.  Just use your words like a grown up and say what you mean. I am not into this passive aggressive rumor mongering bull$hip you seem to enjoy.  

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

Just got back from COTA. Huge congrats to Chris Haldeman for the legendary drive from 25th to win the big check. Pretty amazing. Up front Todd Buras and CHris had a hard fought battle. I had the best seat in the house and will post video of this epic battle. I was hanging on and with them dicing, and with help from Brian Henderson behind I was able to hang on and be right there at the end, but wasnt really able to challenge for the win 

With regard to tech, I will post pics on FB! Of all the post race tear downs I have been though (more than 20) this is by far the most invasive I have ever suffered through. I believe that my car is good but have not heard final confirmation

Congrats to NASA and Xavier Calderon for taking on this massive undertaking. 

My car is pretty much down to a bare tub

Not one suspension part remains on the car

Shocks being sent for testing - (praying that I get them back for Sonoma)

Engine completely apart

Gearbox apart

Diff apart

all drive train parts out and measured

Have to pick up the car with a forklift to put it back in the hauler and Sonoma is just weeks away 

Will post more when I get a moment

• Bench Racer, MPR22, trimless and 6 others like this

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

Danny, are the shocks the only item which will be tested off site and shock results will keep race results provisional?

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

Danny, are the shocks the only item which will be tested off site and shock results will keep race results provisional?

Do not know - I am sure that I will hear from Tom tomorrow

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users