tylerbrown

tylerbrown

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:07

I cant speak to the set I saw on the dump pile...but the set that had chunks missing were probably purchased early on in production.

Does anyone have the production number or dates of production that is molded into the tires for the tires that were de-laminating/missing chunks like that?

Tyler Brown

Sneaky Moose Motorsports - Owner

2023 Majors Northern Conference Champion - SM

2023 June Sprints - 1st Place

2022 Majors Northern Conference Champion - SM

2020 Majors Northern Conference Champion - SM

2019 June Sprints - 1st Place

Design Engineer - Milwaukee Electric Tool

Facebook: https://www.facebook...oseMotorsports/

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube....le_polymer=true

tylerbrown

tylerbrown

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Car Number:07

Tyler, did you drop a tire in the grass? I saw this on Preston's video the other day, miraculous there was no contact!

I believe there were two things that caused it, one being that Jim and I both turned in a little later than normal, and two that I was a little too close to Jim. The car got light and snapped around very quickly!! But Preston did an incredible job keeping his car in total control while avoiding me, and thankfully the car stayed parallel to the track while spinning and didn't wander towards the wall!

Tyler Brown

Sneaky Moose Motorsports - Owner

2023 Majors Northern Conference Champion - SM

2023 June Sprints - 1st Place

2022 Majors Northern Conference Champion - SM

2020 Majors Northern Conference Champion - SM

2019 June Sprints - 1st Place

Design Engineer - Milwaukee Electric Tool

Facebook: https://www.facebook...oseMotorsports/

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube....le_polymer=true

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Start the PO7.5 agreement process then, go to the SM7 card.  Hopefully Hoosier will have enough spares to cover those of us that will be on 7.5.

Hey, I am the one who wanted to run one set a weekend and you Marys all shit canned that idea :)  I will run whatever tires everyone agrees too( even most) if no one agrees or cares, I will run whatever tire I think is best and I have available.  

And I was thinking of trying to take your bet and try to win on 7's :) :)

All that being said, we ran 7.5 at Gateway with zero issues that I am aware of. 

• MPR22 and lillyweld like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

Hey, I am the one who wanted to run one set a weekend and you Marys all shit canned that idea :)  I will run whatever tires everyone agrees too( even most) if no one agrees or cares, I will run whatever tire I think is best and I have available.  

And I was thinking of trying to take your bet and try to win on 7's :) :)

Everyone running 1 set of tires would be great. 

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
It would but most didn’t care enough to write a letter

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts

Look again, maybe that was the problem? ;)
Any idea which tires Tyler ran each day?

Correction: Kyle.
Crap, bad enough not being funny, I can’t even get the names right! Sorry Kyle. And I’m told you were on 7.5s as well. Clearly YOU didn’t have any problems with them!
  • Jim Drago likes this
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995

Does anyone have the production number or dates of production that is molded into the tires for the tires that were de-laminating/missing chunks like that?

The 2 sets I saw this weekend...one had a Dec 2019(wasnt sent the exact week) and 0120 on the 2nd set. The 2nd set was purchased in CA at Buttonwillow ST. Not sure about the first. I know Steve Powers attended the Buttonwillow event...maybe his tires were purchased there?

• tylerbrown likes this

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Craig Berry

Craig Berry

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:TX
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:29

Not adding to the tire conversation.   Want to spin this in a new direction, but first I want to do what is normally done after the race.... I want to Thank Jim Drago for all the hard work and testing to get a car ready for me to run at my favorite event!  Secondly, Thanks again to Jim for bringing 2 cars to Texas for me to see if I could drive after my Jan 3rd total ankle replacement.   And lastly Thanks to Todd B for letting me test his car in Texas.  

I think we need some old school Spec Miata June Sprints SMACK TALK!   I wish Blake was running, he would get this kicked off!  Can’t wait to get back, race and see everyone.   Gonna be a great event!

• Jim Drago and Michael Novak like this
Circuit of the Americas Winner - Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:22

Not adding to the tire conversation.   Want to spin this in a new direction, but first I want to do what is normally done after the race.... I want to Thank Jim Drago for all the hard work and testing to get a car ready for me to run at my favorite event!  Secondly, Thanks again to Jim for bringing 2 cars to Texas for me to see if I could drive after my Jan 3rd total ankle replacement.   And lastly Thanks to Todd B for letting me test his car in Texas.  

I think we need some old school Spec Miata June Sprints SMACK TALK!   I wish Blake was running, he would get this kicked off!  Can’t wait to get back, race and see everyone.   Gonna be a great event!

70+ entrants, cool weather, a chance to raise a trophy in front of my wife and kids.  What's not to like?

• Jim Drago likes this
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

I think we need some old school Spec Miata June Sprints SMACK TALK!   

Agree, 75 cars entered and no SMACK.

Usually Blake or the People's Choice get something rolling. 

For starters team ESR will be the team to beat, after all it's Jim's home track. WAIT, it's also Tyler and dads home track. And let's not forget about Danny, Voytek, those other guys from Texas and many more. :yep: 

• Jim Drago likes this
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Number:99
Tyler will win one day if he has his best motor in the car and not on the shelf waiting for runoffs. Drago will spin Preston on the last lap to hand the win the other day to holderman.

K. Webb