tLinder

tLinder

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Region:SouthWest
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:40

Not too sure what part of the suspension or drivetrain is referred to as "ankle", but the rules don't say you can replace it, so prepare to be protested if you finish near the top :spin: 

Not adding to the tire conversation.   Want to spin this in a new direction, but first I want to do what is normally done after the race.... I want to Thank Jim Drago for all the hard work and testing to get a car ready for me to run at my favorite event!  Secondly, Thanks again to Jim for bringing 2 cars to Texas for me to see if I could drive after my Jan 3rd total ankle replacement.   And lastly Thanks to Todd B for letting me test his car in Texas.  

I think we need some old school Spec Miata June Sprints SMACK TALK!   I wish Blake was running, he would get this kicked off!  Can’t wait to get back, race and see everyone.   Gonna be a great event!

• Craig Berry, MPR22, Jim Drago and 1 other like this

Toby Linder

powered by X-Factor Racing

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Preston Pardus

Preston Pardus

The Man. The Myth. The Legend.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Region:Central Florida
  • Car Number:42

...Drago will spin Preston on the last lap...

I'm still having nightmares from Sebring  :pessimist:

• Jim Drago likes this
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

powerss

powerss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Region:ARiZONA
  • Car Number:145

The 2 sets I saw this weekend...one had a Dec 2019(wasnt sent the exact week) and 0120 on the 2nd set. The 2nd set was purchased in CA at Buttonwillow ST. Not sure about the first. I know Steve Powers attended the Buttonwillow event...maybe his tires were purchased there?

Driving through Iowa now. I will check my date codes for what I ran at Buttonwillow and the new contingency sets I got for that race and planning to run at RA.

I had one tire develop damage at BW. The damage didn't seem to affect anything while running but didnt look very good.i picked them up at Buttonwillow that weekend in February
Steven Powers
Arizona Region
2009 SoPAC Division Champion
2013 SoPAC Division Champion
2019 Western Conference Champion

powerss

powerss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Region:ARiZONA
  • Car Number:145
SM 7.5s from Buttonwillow were 2nd week of 2020.

New contingency tires are 10th week of 2020.
Steven Powers
Arizona Region
2009 SoPAC Division Champion
2013 SoPAC Division Champion
2019 Western Conference Champion

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

So who won the test day?

• Bench Racer likes this
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

So who won the test day?

Being a homer, you skipped test day???

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
Crazy mess of a qualifier today. Two cars into the wall at the link on first hot lap. Long caution followed by a mad scramble mist got 2 hot laps through heavy traffic. Preston and I cleared the traffic and got one clear lap

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts
Qualifying a full second under the track record! Mostly cold air or are new tires & shocks allowing more speed through the corners?
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22

Crazy mess of a qualifier today. Two cars into the wall at the link on first hot lap. Long caution followed by a mad scramble mist got 2 hot laps through heavy traffic. Preston and I cleared the traffic and got one clear lap

The mad scramble wouldn’t happen if they would have a better system for gridding qualification. Last years practice grid was set by national points and IMO was a much better system. Then grid qual by practice times, this random dispersion of drivers lead to a lot of chaos, especially when 77 have to get their qual done in 2 laps.
  • LarryKing, DrDomm and sentercut like this
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts
It was a wild one. I flipped between the T1 & T5 cameras, T1 gave by far the better sense of how much pressure the front 6 kept on each other. T5 camera might be better moved to catch the action into 5 and up the hill into 6.

Congratulations to all six in the lead pack, barely 0.7 between them at the finish. I hope there’s some video, and some stories from both days like what happened to the Browns.
  • mellen likes this
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

chris haldeman

chris haldeman

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Region:texas
  • Car Number:73
It was a great race today!! Sadly yesterday I ended the browns chances and my own in turn 1 on the second lap
X-factorracing.com
3 podium finishes
2 2013 NASA nats
1 2013 Scca runoffs
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

tylerbrown

tylerbrown

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:07

It was a wild one. I flipped between the T1 & T5 cameras, T1 gave by far the better sense of how much pressure the front 6 kept on each other. T5 camera might be better moved to catch the action into 5 and up the hill into 6.

Congratulations to all six in the lead pack, barely 0.7 between them at the finish. I hope there’s some video, and some stories from both days like what happened to the Browns.

I just drove off the track in turn 1 today on the first lap. Whoops.

Yesterday, I had to go off in turn 1 to avoid Chris and my Dad. 

So I guess I just like driving off the track in turn 1.

• Jim Drago, mellen and Michael Novak like this

Tyler Brown

Sneaky Moose Motorsports - Owner

2023 Majors Northern Conference Champion - SM

2023 June Sprints - 1st Place

2022 Majors Northern Conference Champion - SM

2020 Majors Northern Conference Champion - SM

2019 June Sprints - 1st Place

Design Engineer - Milwaukee Electric Tool

Facebook: https://www.facebook...oseMotorsports/

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube....le_polymer=true

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts

I just drove off the track in turn 1 today on the first lap. Whoops.

Yesterday, I had to go off in turn 1 to avoid Chris and my Dad.

So I guess I just like driving off the track in turn 1.

Sorry to hear that Tyler, I know I wasn’t alone in expecting you to be in the mix to the checkered flag.
  • Jim Drago and Michael Novak like this

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

The Privateer Podium (apologies if I missed anyone not part of a team or that doesn't rely on full-time professional prep).

Saturday:

Jonathan Davis

Jeff Luckritz

Mike Gagliardo

Sunday:

Jason Knuteson

Jonathan Davis

Mike Gagliardo

And a big congrats to Jim, Preston, Danny and Kyle Greenhill who battled and performed at a winning/podium level.   Lastly, so many should be proud of their performances over the weekend in what looks like one of the deepest fields ever. 

• Jim Drago and Steve Scheifler like this
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

As always, win or lose this is always one of my favorite events and one of my favorite places to visit. 

Saturdays race was very straight forward, Preston and I qualified together and worked together to get away. We pulled a good gap and raced it out the last lap.  Preston passed me into five, I got 3/4 past into Canada but he maintained the lead and I tried getting him up the front straight, he beat me by .063

Sunday looked like it was going to be Saturday all over again. Watching videos, had there been no yellows and then the full course caution, I think it would have been.  We had broken draft until the yellows came out and Kyle was running alone in third.  After the caution, it was a race.  I chose ( poorly) to go on 1 session tires with 6 laps on them, the rest of the top 6 on stickers.  So anyone thinking these 7.5s would respond differently, they don't. Stickers were the call. ( BTW, best guess my tire plan would have saved the class over 50,000 this weekend alone, let that sink in and would have NO effect on Sundays race other than all of us would have had to drive harder)   I knew I was in trouble lap one in the carousel.  As the race went on, the others tires started coming back to what I had been racing for awhile and I would guess we we all similar in carousel by lap 9 or so.   Preston and I got separated several times during the race.  Kyle Greenhill always maintained 2-3 position for most of the race it seemed.  The last 4-5 laps or so i was leading and the 5 behind me battling, swapping partners and looking for advantages. That put me 30 yards or so ahead on the start of almost every straight, which is a terrible place to be.  Several times I felt like a cup driver blocking runs up the front straight as one train was passing the other, I almost got run over by the train once into one. :)  Heading into Canada the second to last lap. Chris/ Danny had a run up the inside, we turned in at 12 side by side, all four of us with Greenhill and Brown in there somewhere. We continued side by side all the way through 14.  Danny and Chris on the inside and myself and Preston on the outside. Preston got a really good run and we drafted past and into the lead again heading in to turn one.  From there it looked like a clean lap and we could settle it among ourselves.  Preston tried me out of the kink, he tried the outside of 12 and almost stuck it, but broke the rears free a little.  At that point the race should have been completely over and I knew it.  I  just needed to get through 14.. for two years in a row, the same corner , the same lap , for the win.. I was way too cautious in this corner and I missed it both years :(  Preston got a run on the outside and Greenhill on the inside, we crossed 1-2-3 , .1 apart at the line.   Two races, two different winners, total margin of victory .16    Runoffs will be a lot of fun and looking forward to it

• Alberto, Bench Racer, Michael Novak and 4 others like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1990

^This thread needs videos!

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

^This thread needs videos!

I need an idiot proof easy video editor. Mine is in five files.. 

Danny posted his.

https://www.youtube....t17VPAymzIoG-TM

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

chris haldeman

chris haldeman

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
I ran used tires
X-factorracing.com
3 podium finishes
2 2013 NASA nats
1 2013 Scca runoffs
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

I ran used tires

Did you feel the same way as me, especially the first 2/3 of the race?

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

chris haldeman

chris haldeman

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
I regret not running stickers but with as far back as I started I didn’t want to waste the money.
  • Jim Drago likes this
X-factorracing.com
3 podium finishes
2 2013 NASA nats
1 2013 Scca runoffs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users