Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:22
Gary,
I called you a typical mid pack shower not a vaginal washing device. I personally like Danny and respect his driving skills. Unlike Von C and High Chair I enjoy his posts and videos. I agree we should be respectful of each other even if we disagree. So I apologize for calling you a mid packer. There is nothing wrong with midpackers, I found myself midpack this weekend and we raced hard and clean. I have raced with Danny, Drago, Berry, Haldeman, York, Clements, Reynolds, McSpadden, Rushing... I know what a top prep car looks like. When another car just drives by any one of these cars something is wrong with that car. I was not at the Homestead Race that started all of this crap. I know Balano's car is one of the top cars and based on his results in a very tough division I know he can drive. Top drivers in top cars will be within a few seconds of each other at the end of a race especially on a roval. Balanos wasn't even close to the speed of. Jrs car. I didn't call Sr a cheater, I offered to buy that engine. He didn't bite, wonder why? But it appears that the folks that race in NASA Florida had a problem with the car.

My first post in this thread was about how the cheaters should be brought into the light. I raced this weekend with a kid who's car was clearly too fast. I suspect an altered restrictor plate. The short cuts are only hurting their children's ability to learn to race.

If you know anything about racing, you know the top SM drivers often go on to the pro series you are using as examples of real drivers. Ott, Saini, Foss, Rampleberg, lots of others. Everyone has to start somewhere and I personally believe SM is the best class to learn race craft. But cheating up a car won't teach you anything because when you have to drive 10/10s you won't know how to do it.
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
Guys while the fights are like a train wreck, it is hard to look away.. No need for DB and other similar name calling. NoI don't care who posted what first.. Sounds like refereeing my kids this weekend :)

Just to give you an idea what Danny was talking about.. Here is a paste from who has been on line the last 15 minutes.. look at bottom of you page. We have FAR MORE readers than posters!!

16 members, 64 guests, 1 anonymous users

Treat the class with respect and promote it.. If it goes away, so do we :(

I will address one comment..
Many like myself DO NOT want to go to Grand Am, or other "Pro" racing.. If I go anywhere, I would go to SRF. The best drivers and best competition resides in those two classes. While some look at "pro" as step up, I don't. When people pay you to drive you are a "pro" running in a "Pro" series does not make you a "Pro" I see many donkeys in EVERY Grandam race I watch, most in Grand AM ST would never podium in SM. Having a budget that allows you to run "pro" does not make you a Pro in my book. There are many multi miliionaires running SM by choice when they could run whatever they wanted to run.
  • David L, Cnj, Caveman-kwebb99 and 2 others like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Cnj

Cnj

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • Region:Sw
  • Car Number:32

CNJ, i hope this post wasnt spurned from my previous post, I corrected my points, to say 1 particular south african, meant as Danny.

Kyle - no sweat, your post did not spur my reaction. Charbs posts were quite clear in referring to African SM drivers (plural). He has apologized. I am done.

cnj
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Cnj

Cnj

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

the meaning was for the intended target i needed a buffalo soldier to shot down the buffalo frankley all my vidios have meaning that are much deeper than racial and political
they are for th sole purpose for fun mybe on the behalf of others . thats is what is called satire

Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon

Aah, so thats what satire is! Always confused satire with sarcasm...

cnj
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Cnj

Cnj

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

And this is how it works ernie sr cnj i am sorry i will not pick on south africa again but IM STILL GOING TO PICK ON DANNY

Thank you for the apology.

cnj

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22
It appears Jim should start charging a viewing fee to non members.
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
Boys will be boys, men will be boys, and some men will be men. But no man on this forum should be anonymous! Many have crossed the line and many have apologized...but if your going to ad nothing constructive and resort to personal darts...do it via PM or move on to the New Jersey Housewives forum. :whistling:

Props to Danny for always staying above the gutter. But reluctantly I must give props to Andrew and crew for standing up for themselves and sometimes saying what we all are thinking but would never post. Call it decorum or a train wreck...both keep us coming back. But the powers that be just need to keep it on the tracks occasionally.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming! :spin:
  • dstevens and High Chair like this

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94
I found the Jessica Alba video very soothing and that gives this thread some balance.
  • Jim Drago likes this
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Cnj

Cnj

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

I found the Jessica Alba video very soothing and that gives this thread some balance.

:)

Adax

Adax

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Region:ATL
  • Car Number:49

Just to give you an idea what Danny was talking about.. Here is a paste from who has been on line the last 15 minutes.. look at bottom of you page. We have FAR MORE readers than posters!!

16 members, 64 guests, 1 anonymous users

Perhaps a private racer-only forum like we've had in the past would be good for these delicate topics?

Alan Cross

My build blog

2017 SARRC SM Champion

2016 SARRC SM ECR Champion

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

suck fumes

suck fumes

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Region:Lonestar
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:75
Or 30-50 yr old men can act like adults and we wouldn't need another section.
  • dstevens and Jason J Ball like this
2010, 2011 SM Sowdiv points champion!
2011 National points champion!

WWW.MOTORSPORTHEAVEN.COM

dstevens

dstevens

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Region:LVR
Satire requires some truth in order to be effective. Bob Marley was Jamaican. The Buffalo Soldiers were Americans. Neither the King of Reggae nor the 10th Calvary Regiment of the US Army were African. Where is the sarcasm, irony or satire?

Of the 25 or so productions we now have around the world, the word douches is posted backstage in every single one. It's not directing the SM drivers to a meeting room, or where race control hangs out, it's simply a locker room with a shower. Although I don't know if we have enough showers in those productions to was the stink off of some of these opinions.

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Region:83
  • Car Year:1967
  • Car Number:67

Satire requires some truth in order to be effective. Bob Marley was Jamaican. The Buffalo Soldiers were Americans. Neither the King of Reggae nor the 10th Calvary Regiment of the US Army were African. Where is the sarcasm, irony or satire?

Of the 25 or so productions we now have around the world, the word douches is posted backstage in every single one. It's not directing the SM drivers to a meeting room, or where race control hangs out, it's simply a locker room with a shower. Although I don't know if we have enough showers in those productions to was the stink off of some of these opinions.

ah grasshopper you must read between the lines buffalo bull whisch means bullshit and teis i feel i am one the 10th calvary at times wead waker if you may plus i like bob marley and he used the word africa . The truth is a dangerous word in here dr stevens as pianful as they are . The truth hurts just like the gun you carry.
Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Or 30-50 yr old men can act like adults and we wouldn't need another section.

I tryed with my fisrt post to be 30 to 50 mr suck this is how it went
Ok ask , what it think mr fancies do you want to know I'm wondering if you care don't think you do sad that a 14 year old has more class then you. Is that really your son . Before you get pissed about that statement I was adopted.
Met my real dad one day in my life not sure how that turned me out but I don't cheat. You got caught you owe a lot of people An apology If you do not openly give a reason for your actions the only person who will suffer is your son.

I watched you all weekend not impressed

Your new team name should be speeachlees

Your son will do better without your influence in my opinon sorry but that is what I feel take it for the future

I think you owe a lot of I'm sorry and please forgive me today don't wait you might save face

Andrew charbonneau just in case you forgot

had to bring myself and others down to 14 kinda nice to be young again
Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Perhaps a private racer-only forum like we've had in the past would be good for these delicate topics?

great observation but the numbers do not show the truth when i am not logged in that makes me a guest and people who do not want to be seen take that route.

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
I don't mind if this post puts me in the bullseye for some, but seriously guys, let's move on and present our class as a welcoming place to race.

Not just a bulls eye you boast a new car build that could buy three miatas that could race you spend more money than drago

just taking notice for the good of the class . by the way how many motors did you go through this year and dyno time who the hell can afford that.

for the good of the class . so for all you new racers coming in the water is fine you will enjoy every race you are in the most fun and close racing in the world.

Jim Boemler

Jim Boemler

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • 852 posts
  • Region:NWR
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:30

great observation but the numbers do not show the truth when i am not logged in that makes me a guest and people who do not want to be seen take that route.

Perhaps you should keep your guest status more often when you feel the need to post. ;)

I don't mind if this post puts me in the bullseye for some, but seriously guys, let's move on and present our class as a welcoming place to race.

What a GREAT idea!
  • dstevens likes this

dstevens

dstevens

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Region:LVR

ah grasshopper you must read between the lines buffalo bull whisch means bullshit and teis i feel i am one the 10th calvary at times wead waker if you may plus i like bob marley and he used the word africa . The truth is a dangerous word in here dr stevens as pianful as they are . The truth hurts just like the gun you carry.

Bullshit, you were taking a swipe at him based on ethnicity. Your thinking isn't that deep. You weren't doing it as any sort of meaningful commentary, you were doing it to insult another person. Your behavior on the forum is boorish, immature and to me hardly passes the comedic standard. I find very little value in anything you post and think it's more of an attention getting mechanism for your ego rather than a way to socialize and interact with other of similar interests. It's rare I read a post of yours these days except in this case where someone else with whom I've been acquainted makes reference.

The mods here have cut you a tremendous amount of slack. If you weren't part of the clique you would have been bounced long ago. I think it best you unplug for a while and do whatever it is you need to do to get your shit together. Your "wacky" style might be all the rage with your track buddies in FL but to me you appear to be a mean spirited, disgruntled man with a grudge that's become unhinged.

Blake Clements

Blake Clements

• Moderators
  • 305 posts
  • Car Number:6

Bullshit, you were taking a swipe at him based on ethnicity. Your thinking isn't that deep. You weren't doing it as any sort of meaningful commentary, you were doing it to insult another person. Your behavior on the forum is boorish, immature and to me hardly passes the comedic standard. I find very little value in anything you post and think it's more of an attention getting mechanism for your ego rather than a way to socialize and interact with other of similar interests. It's rare I read a post of yours these days except in this case where someone else with whom I've been acquainted makes reference.

The mods here have cut you a tremendous amount of slack. If you weren't part of the clique you would have been bounced long ago. I think it best you unplug for a while and do whatever it is you need to do to get your shit together. Your "wacky" style might be all the rage with your track buddies in FL but to me you appear to be a mean spirited, disgruntled man with a grudge that's become unhinged.

So what you're saying is he should run for President? :king:
  • dstevens likes this

Blake Clements

http://www.blakeclements.com - Driver Coaching, Consulting, & Video/Data Analysis.

OPM Autosports/SP Induction Systems/X-Factor Racing/G-Loc Brakes/Traqmate/Bell Helmets

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner -

Muda

Muda

ComingToAMirrorNearYou

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Region:WDC

Many like myself DO NOT want to go to Grand Am, or other "Pro" racing.. If I go anywhere, I would go to SRF. The best drivers and best competition resides in those two classes. While some look at "pro" as step up, I don't. When people pay you to drive you are a "pro" running in a "Pro" series does not make you a "Pro" I see many donkeys in EVERY Grandam race I watch, most in Grand AM ST would never podium in SM. Having a budget that allows you to run "pro" does not make you a Pro in my book. There are many multi miliionaires running SM by choice when they could run whatever they wanted to run.

So, so true!!!
We should be getting some of the TV time and the money.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users