Photo

!! Registration for COTA - Link is WRONG !!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
296 replies to this topic

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

he didn't have to, word travels fast. I am not a SM guy but 2 entries IN the 203 ;)

my exact point, if this was just an sm problem i could see making us do over, its not like the customers jumpe the start, we all put it to the floor after the green flag waved... results should be official

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

zoomzoom22

zoomzoom22

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Region:Southeast

my exact point, if this was just an sm problem i could see making us do over, its not like the customers jumpe the start, we all put it to the floor after the green flag waved... results should be official

Exactly. As the 9th (overall, not SM) person that registered by concern is not about my (2) groups (I registered twice) hitting 85 entries before I can register again if my entries are canned, but about getting the garage I signed up for.
That is another potential screw up from this, guys like me that already mailed my check today that included (2) entries + garage fee and getting bumped out of getting a garage now if the thing gets reset :( I got a garage and included a couple of friends so that we could share it.

This is a crap sammich.

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99
and for the record you dint call lee dumb just sort of insinuated it when you mentioned him with the bogus link...

im sure you might be an ok guy but your comments are going over like a lead baloon... as some have already alluded to

i get it you guys can stay in biz without us... so can the fed govt.
  • Alex Bolanos and Todd Lamb like this

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Lee Thomas

Lee Thomas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Region:Lone Star
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:24
Per the COTA Race Chair: "We are aware there was a problem with the registration link prematurely posted on the SOWDiv website. We are reviewing our options and will determine a solution. The only sanctioned location for registration information is the SCCA.com website (http://www.scca.com/...ex.cfm?eid=5405)"

Alex Bolanos

Alex Bolanos

The Cuban Missile

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:57

Chris, I don't know who you are, but that attitude is exactly why NASA has double the participants that SCCA does in Texas.

It could also be that their registration process works? :whistling:

Yes, I really do love stirring up crap.

Alex Bolanos - #57 
Sponsored by Autotechnik, Momo USA, Apex Alignment, and Amazon.com

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Majors Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner

Lee Thomas

Lee Thomas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:24
I have as passionately and factually as I can asked the race chair to permit the SM registrations to stand as is, in the order submitted. Even though this was posted on the SOWDiv's public website in the race event calender, I get the feeling they believe I fucked-up for sharing it. I respectfully disagree. I shared what anyone could have found on their own. I will continue to communicate what I hear but I'm thinking this may not get resolved today.
  • chris haldeman, MPR22, Todd Lamb and 4 others like this

Brian Ghidinelli

Brian Ghidinelli

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:12
Color me biased, but no computer should accept a registration before the official open date, link or no link.
  • chris haldeman, Todd Lamb, Jim Drago and 4 others like this
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Charlie Hayes

Charlie Hayes

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Region:West Coast
  • Car Number:22
Hi.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill

Brian Ghidinelli

Brian Ghidinelli

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Number:12

Even though this was posted on the SOWDiv's public website in the race event calender, I get the feeling they believe I fucked-up for sharing it. I respectfully disagree. I shared what anyone could have found on their own.

Lee, many people don't understand how the tubes work but this is most definitely not your fault. A google search will likely turn up the link on the SOWDiv site too. If it's on the Internet, it's public.
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

zoomzoom22

zoomzoom22

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Region:Southeast

I have as passionately and factually as I can asked the race chair to permit the SM registrations to stand as is, in the order submitted. Even though this was posted on the SOWDiv's public website in the race event calender, I get the feeling they believe I fucked-up for sharing it. I respectfully disagree. I shared what anyone could have found on their own. I will continue to communicate what I hear but I'm thinking this may not get resolved today.

How about everyone, not just SM. As the 9th car registered (not SM) and I chose a garage and would like to retain the garage and my 2 entries. My check is already in the mail :(
As mentioned I moved a business trip to tomorrow and Thursday to make sure I got registered today. I wasn't worried about my group getting cut off at 85 like SM is, but I was johnny on the spot when it came to hitting refresh at 12:01pm over and over until it was open to get one of the few garages that were offered. This isn't good.

At a minimum you guys should publish who gets garages that already registered IF they register again.
It wouldn't be right if the 79th SM to register (and 100th overall) got a garage that I had my registration locked in on as the 9th person to register in total, would it?

steveracer

steveracer

Blue Eyes, Aquarius, hates being squeezed to the grass in SowDiv

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Car Number:92
Lee,
If it helps you any, or makes you feel any better, I used the link from the SoWDiv website. It WAS open earlier...
  • Lee Thomas likes this

Steven Holloway

Artist formerly known as Chief Whipping Boy for Lone Star Region

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Glenn

Glenn

Mid Pack Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Region:SE
It Dragos fault....He is trying to get website hit count back up......

Glenn Murphey, Crew Chief
Owner Crew Chief Services The Pinnacle of Excellence, Contract Crew Services for the racing community.
Soon to be back in the club racing scene for good ;)

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Blake Clements

Blake Clements

• Moderators
  • 305 posts
  • Car Number:6
I will be selling my first placed entry to the COTA Majors race to the highest bidder.

Bids start at $2,000.
  • Joe (dad) Jordan, Glenn, MPR22 and 1 other like this

Blake Clements

http://www.blakeclements.com - Driver Coaching, Consulting, & Video/Data Analysis.

OPM Autosports/SP Induction Systems/X-Factor Racing/G-Loc Brakes/Traqmate/Bell Helmets

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner -

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

and for the record you dint call lee dumb just sort of insinuated it when you mentioned him with the bogus link...

im sure you might be an ok guy but your comments are going over like a lead baloon... as some have already alluded to

i get it you guys can stay in biz without us... so can the fed govt.

I'm happy to take the heat if you want to direct it at me. I have no official title though other than PAST race chairman. :D Attitudes like the ones on this forum are why I don't volunteer my efforts to put on races, because SCCA is a club run by volunteers, not a for-profit entity.

I just don't want to see anger and misinformation directed at those putting the event on. You can put words in my mouth or tell me what I said all you want; Lee started the thread and posted the link here. I never said he posted it on the SWDiv website, or wherever else it was posted, but he definitely posted it here. I also don't blame him, but it would've probably been a good idea to check with the race chair since Lee is on the board and should've noticed the race chairman hadn't said registration would be opening today...

EDIT: We can all Monday Morning Quarterback this deal all we want (I seem to remember sm.com being REAL GOOD at that years ago). I'm not sure what options we have with the online registration as far as getting people registered in the same order, but I do know the folks in charge are working on it.
  • Danny Steyn likes this

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Car Number:39
Interestingly the Event ID 5207 is still showing the entry list for the event as people have entered - here is a screen shot as at 3pm

Posted Image

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Alex Bolanos

Alex Bolanos

The Cuban Missile

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Car Number:57

I will be selling my first placed entry to the COTA Majors race to the highest bidder.

Bids start at $2,000.

$2k? Please... I could buy anything of yours with cig cartons.

...3 cartons? :pimp:

Alex Bolanos - #57 
Sponsored by Autotechnik, Momo USA, Apex Alignment, and Amazon.com

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Majors Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner

Blake Clements

Blake Clements

• Moderators
  • 305 posts
Well why doesn't the race chairman set a time for the registration to be opened and OPENLY COMMUNICATE IT atleast a week in advance? I don't know jack, but I posted here WEEKS ago that this race was going to be oversubcribed and things needed to be put out there so people could plan to register.

Thanks to both Chris and Lee for helping get information out there.
  • FTodaro likes this

Blake Clements

http://www.blakeclements.com - Driver Coaching, Consulting, & Video/Data Analysis.

OPM Autosports/SP Induction Systems/X-Factor Racing/G-Loc Brakes/Traqmate/Bell Helmets

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner -

Blake Clements

Blake Clements

• Moderators
  • 305 posts

I saw Butch Kummer on here earlier, this isn't his first rodeo. Maybe he could lend a helping hand.

Blake Clements

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
Thanks Blake. The question has been raised about it. Obviously we're within 60 days so we want to get registration open in a hurry, but at the same time need to not screw folks over that won't have computer access... lots of things being discussed at the moment.

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22

Bids start at $2,000.

As obnoxious as you can be, you say the funniest shitt!
  • HoneyBadger - BrianW likes this
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users