Photo

!! Registration for COTA - Link is WRONG !!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
296 replies to this topic

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
You remember my signature from the old site :)

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell”

― Philip Henry Sheridan
  • Alex Bolanos likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

And to any of the sensitive folks that got their feathers ruffled: yes, I'm still an asshole in person. But perhaps you can pick up on the sarcasm better... I should be easy to find at the race (beer in hand). I'll be the one bragging about only having to put a gallon of diesel in the truck to get to the track from my shop and back. :D

Are you really Chris Taylor or are you really Robert Burgergoon in disquise? I cannot tell you guys apart

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Blake Clements

Blake Clements

• Moderators
  • 305 posts
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:6

Since that Dead Horse flinched a little, Chris please convey the only fair way to manage this mess in the eyes of all who thought they were doing right, is to allow the order to stand and just invite those on the list to re register if that is what it takes. but in light of the fact that there are more applicants than spots, somebody is going to get the short stick.

The Fair way to deal with this mess is to stick with the list. that will get this unwound the right way.

Please pass that on for us.

Law man has spoken. Thanks Frank!

Blake Clements

http://www.blakeclements.com - Driver Coaching, Consulting, & Video/Data Analysis.

OPM Autosports/SP Induction Systems/X-Factor Racing/G-Loc Brakes/Traqmate/Bell Helmets

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner -

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
Jim, we all know it's just because you hate getting beat by all those fast Texans. :butthead:

Alex: <3 you too.
  • Alex Bolanos likes this

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Are you really Chris Taylor or are you really Robert Burgergoon in disquise? I cannot tell you guys apart

:noidea:
  • FTodaro likes this

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

:noidea:

You not a regular here you wouldnt understand... but I do :)

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
If you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at?

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75
What we have here is a failure to under stand the rules. This is easy. Registration needs to be open to all! The GCR has rules about this, rules we all agreed to race by when we registered. Let them all come. Then let the top 90 after qualifying race. No need to cap the amount of entries.
  • chris haldeman, William Keeling, Caesar Vielmas and 2 others like this
Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

mdavis

mdavis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Region:Texas

What we have here is a failure to under stand the rules. This is easy. Registration needs to be open to all! The GCR has rules about this, rules we all agreed to race by when we registered. Let them all come. Then let the top 90 after qualifying race. No need to cap the amount of entries.

I was fortunate enough to be in front of a computer when registration opened but kind of was surprised by the "first come first served" statement. What Mike says is correct. We'll need to split qualifying somehow and the top "x" as defined by the rules can run the race. Pretty sure it's all spelled out in the GCR.
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

zoomzoom22

zoomzoom22

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Region:Southeast
Clearly the only and right answer is just to take it like it is and re-open it.

Saying it was a mistake, the race chair didn't hit the open buttin, or the wrong link but dlb was in fact opened for registration and the link was in multiple places etc. is moot. It wasn't a secret that registration was opening today, geez.

The only thing that hurts is someone in SM that didn't get in in time (likely from Texas) which I am sure what is driving the idea that the slate could get wiped clean and start over. Teams that got everyone in I am sure are thrilled about trying to get everyone lined up again which would cause them a financial/towing issue if they all don't make round 2 :( Can't wait to see the decision, unfortunately I am going to have to catch my rescheduled (to be able to register at 12 noon on the button today).
  • FTodaro likes this

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

Law man has spoken. Thanks Frank!

Lets get Frank and Luke together and class action Bick-em! :cheering:
  • chris haldeman and William Keeling like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

zoomzoom22

zoomzoom22

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Region:Southeast

I was fortunate enough to be in front of a computer when registration opened but kind of was surprised by the "first come first served" statement. What Mike says is correct. We'll need to split qualifying somehow and the top "x" as defined by the rules can run the race. Pretty sure it's all spelled out in the GCR.

Then just re-open registration back up and let the existing entries, spots and garages reserved stand.
Simple.

Charlie James

Charlie James

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Is it just me,( and Brian) :whistling: or is anyone else wishing an SM competitor who happens to be in the registration business would have got this deal instead of DLB.. Never have an issue with Mortorsportsreg.com

+1 for MotorSportReg and Brian G!

http://www.SafeRacer.com

2013 SCCA B-Spec National Champion

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
I would think a bunch of competitive SM racers would know there's always a way to circumvent the rule book... :duck:

Tracy Fowler - OPM

Tracy Fowler - OPM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Region:Atlanta

I want to see SM driver 36 in a drivers suit :)

Jim

:) If you did it would be "Hello Kitty" theme and covered in rhinestones, sorry Tom.

#36 Entry - I tried to register for Rothstein and was logged in under my name, so please don't stone me. I'm trying to fix it.

T
  • Jim Drago likes this
Tracy Fowler
www.OPMAutosprts.com

Mike Asselta

Mike Asselta

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Region:Kansas City
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:70

I would think a bunch of competitive SM racers would know there's always a way to circumvent the rule book... :duck:

Competitive SM's are prepared to the letter and intent of the rules. Don't want any newbies getting the wrong idea. :nonono:
Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

N Bruni

N Bruni

MEATHEAD Racing Chief Complainer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Region:WDCR
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:16
Hopefully the GCR is followed and we can all stop hitting refresh!

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35
I would rather race on the track than race to my computer
  • William Keeling likes this

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
Ok.. the final answer is in..
heads or tails?

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

Ralph Dommes

Ralph Dommes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Region:Wash DC
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:80
This is killing me - I didn't make it due to work and now I'm being punished.

Ralph Dommes

www.ralfracing.com
Motorpsorts Apps

Club Racer - Car #80 The Red Baron

BSR FATT Instructor
PDX Instructor

Beer Instructor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users