• 465 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:12

Post 'em up!  Here's my video from race #3 starting P2:

http://www.youtube.c...sbTI0r-o#t=381s

And here is Michael Neimann's a few places further back after the restart:

http://contour.com/s...-at-laguna-pt-2

Don't forget the Sonoma Sprints with THREE Spec Miata races are in just a few weeks, July 5-7.  The entry list already has some fast guys and I'm getting text messages every day from more people who are going to come join the fun. This is the last ever SCCA Rational so you can earn both National AND Regional points simultaneously.  This will be the best field on the west coast in 2013!

Register early and get your number (but your credit card won't be charged until *after* the event):

http://www.motorspor...AD66148E00A9CD8

PS - like the region page at http://facebook.com/sfrscca to get a couple hundred photos from Laguna later this week

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jason Rawlins

Jason Rawlins

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Region:Oregon
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:20

Here's Race one..  Fun racing with Randy towards the end of the race.. :)

Jason Rawlins

Jason Rawlins

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Region:Oregon
  • Car Number:20

and here's race 2...  Nice jump Brian.. :)

Juan Pineda

Juan Pineda

You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house.

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:34

My video from race 3 in the rain. Apparently I was braver/more foolish than the cars around me for the first half of the race an pulled a gap. But I in the second half I was more conservative and by the last lap had a pack of angry Miatas on my tail wanting to get by. Some drama in the last lap where the 09 gets under me in T3 and the 42 joins in. We touched wheels in T5 but not a mark on either car. Mike Niemann's video posted by Brian has a good view of the last lap. (Nice job to Mike for working his way through traffic to catch back up!) Enjoy!

CheckerLap.com -- Your race results!

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Hey Juan.  I think you need a new wiper. :)

• Juan Pineda likes this
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Juan Pineda

Juan Pineda

You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house.

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:34

Hey Juan.  I think you need a new wiper. :)

Who expects rain here in June?!! So as we were on the five I checked my wiper and realized that the blade had slipped out of its mounting. Without the support of my crew chief this weekend, I'm looking around for someone to help. Ted May saved my butt by reconnecting it (and wiping down my window) with less than a minute to spare. Thanks Ted!

-Juan

CheckerLap.com -- Your race results!

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Alberto

Alberto

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

I know this is a video thread but I had a rough weekend and need to get some thank you's out to the people that helped me out.

1. Thanks Brian G for use of the Easy-Up.  Brandon and I are used to Thunderhill and all the creature comforts that Thunderhill offers - such as shade - so we don't have anything like Easy-Ups in our equipment.

2. Thanks Ted for helping to get my car aligned after the alignment got hosed when I lost it and hit the tirewall coming out of Turn 4.  Thanks for the Advil too.  I definitely felt that hit...

3. Thanks Brandon / Mr. Sharpie for helping me get the car back together.

4. Thanks Mike LeBoef (spelling?) for use of your driver side mirror.  I had a huge blind spot w/o it and moved in on someone trying to pass in an unexpected location under double yellows.

5. Thanks to the Oregon guys for selling us some MTL and pump for Brandon's tranny.  I'm 'old' and have a bad memory so forgot the guy's name...  Sorry.

Lastly, but most importantly, thanks to all the workers, staff and volunteers!  Excellent flagging, quick pickups getting our wrecks off track, friendly registration and tech etc etc etc.

• Juan Pineda likes this
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Late_Apex_Racing

Late_Apex_Racing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Region:CA
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:28

Group 27 race from soggy Sunday morning. Had a good first lap and then got sideways coming in T4 on lap 2. Spent the rest of the racing coming back through the pack.

Dave

http://youtu.be/02nu0EzBaNc

Late_Apex_Racing

Late_Apex_Racing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Region:CA
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:28

First SM race of the weekend:

http://youtu.be/0XEHcmOJzhY

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: laguna seca, wet, sunny, video, sfrscca, scca, san francisco

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users