Kyle Freiheit

Kyle Freiheit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Region:NWR
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:8

A couple of thoughts. I applaud Schrader for protesting. Those that are attacking him for not volunteering to strip down his engine completely miss the point - this is not about Schrader. Its about the rules. Those attacking him are just trying to hide the ball and change the focus.next, its Highly doubtful that this is a witch hunt. Who is going to put up 15k and lose it on a witch hunt? Thats the point of posting a bond, it keeps the speculation in check. The much more likely scenario is that he and the others behind the protest know to almost a certainty that the cars they are protesting are non compliant. If they are cheating, it will be a travesty if the SCCA doesnt disqualify them. Conversely, the SCCA does not want a mass DQ in its most popular class. Going to be interesting.

Absolutely, Great post.

• pat slattery likes this

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
Sorry...to soon

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

john mueller

john mueller

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

A couple of thoughts. I applaud Schrader for protesting. Those that are attacking him for not volunteering to strip down his engine completely miss the point - this is not about Schrader. Its about the rules. Those attacking him are just trying to hide the ball and change the focus.next, its Highly doubtful that this is a witch hunt. Who is going to put up 15k and lose it on a witch hunt? Thats the point of posting a bond, it keeps the speculation in check. The much more likely scenario is that he and the others behind the protest know to almost a certainty that the cars they are protesting are non compliant. If they are cheating, it will be a travesty if the SCCA doesnt disqualify them. Conversely, the SCCA does not want a mass DQ in its most popular class. Going to be interesting.

Great post. I have zero issues with the mass protest. I believe it will go a long way to fixing the motor ills of the class. It just would be nice to see inside his and all the Oregon boys motors too.
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

pat slattery

pat slattery

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Region:Cincinnati
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:79

Great post. I have zero issues with the mass protest. I believe it will go a long way to fixing the motor ills of the class. It just would be nice to see inside his and all the Oregon boys motors too.

So John, why didn't they protest his when the rules allowed

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

greengreengreen

greengreengreen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Just a little while ago there were 52 people reading this post and 32 were guests.  There seems to be a lot of people in the closet.  There are now 41 and 32 guests.  It is the Secret Car Club of America thread!!!!

• svvs likes this

sideshow

sideshow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
The suspense is insane

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Just a little while ago there were 52 people reading this post and 32 were guests.  There seems to be a lot of people in the closet.  There are now 41 and 32 guests.  It is the Secret Car Club of America thread!!!!

Says a guy with 8 post and no signed real name.   :bigsquaregrin:

David Dewhurst  aka Bench Racer

SCCA member #250772

• svvs, Glenn, Sebastian Landy and 1 other like this
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

The suspense is insane

BUT, for 15k it needs to be correct to the WRITTEN rules.

Via phone I was told trans and diffs were opened along with engines.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

sideshow

sideshow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

BUT, for 15k it needs to be correct to the WRITTEN rules.

Absolutely... That's why there are so many people watching.

greengreengreen

greengreengreen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Says a guy with 8 post and no signed real name.   :bigsquaregrin:

David Dewhurst  aka Bench Racer

SCCA member #250772

My name is Kevin Peak!  Those that know me well enough know my sig.

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

My name is Kevin Peak!  Those that know me well enough know my sig.

Kevin, never viewed your sig in all my time on the site.

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts

Guinness book of records???

Craig Berry

Craig Berry

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:TX
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:29
On a plane taking my Dad back to TX. I really want to thank my team for all the hard work. Were not quite as fast as we had hoped for, but had a fun week.
I hate that there is always drama at these events. I think Will did what he felt he needed to do and we should respect that, but I also thought the spirit of the protest was to check on the top 10 qualifiers. I think Will was in the top 10. My personal opinion is he should have offered his up and got his bond back when it passed. If he would have been P25 after the Q sessions than it would have been a waste to do so, but he was 9th. I applaud the fact that he picked on no one driver or engine builder and only targeted the top 10....minus one, himself.
If some how DQ's make it back to my P6, I do not want the title. We all know who had a better setup and better drive at this particular event.

Cant wait to talk about racing again!
Circuit of the Americas Winner - Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Juan Pineda

Juan Pineda

You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house.

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Region:SFR
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:34

Will is a straight shooter, and I have to support him for sticking up for what he believes.

Scrutiny is good for our class. It's unfair that an individual racer has to put up the $14K to fund it.

-Juan

• greengreengreen likes this

CheckerLap.com -- Your race results!

We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

zoomzoom22

zoomzoom22

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Region:Southeast
Oh my............

Wait for it.....

No really, wait for it....
  • Mike Collins, Charlie Hayes, B(Kuch)Kucera45 and 1 other like this

Terrell Garrett

Terrell Garrett

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Region:NW
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:3

Well I can say for a fact that at the T-hill Majors event I attempted to protest three cars that had in excess of 1/2" gap on the driver's headlamp cover.  My attempts to protest were denied and the stewards refused to do anything about it.  Then the chief steward refused to let me protest the steward's decision to do nothing.  I took it up the ladder to National anyways and they told me to follow those cars and learn something about how to drive faster.  From personal experience I can say if you try to protest you get villfied.  And that's for something that everyone could see clearly.

My experience gave me an extremely bad taste and was the primary reason I chose to not attend any further Majors races and thus did not attend the Runoffs.  Cheating is cheating and when stewards refuse to do anything about it it is not ok.  The treatment Will is receiving here is no different that that I received.  Such treatment is without dignity and certainly many of you above should be ashamed of yourselves.

I know Will quite well and believe he would never make such a move unless he truly believed something was rotten.  Hold your judgement until the heads are inspected and then make your mind up regarding his actions.  

• greengreengreen likes this

Terrell Garrett

Terrell Garrett

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Region:NW
  • Car Year:1993
  • Car Number:3

Mr. Mueller,

You are welcome to come to Portland and tear down my engine anytime you wish.  Just pay to have Loynings put it back together and buy me a case of Sierra Nevada and two bottles of Cuervo Reserva de la Familia for my inconvenience.  By the way, my headlamp covers are compliant also.

• jthuney likes this

Matt Reynolds

Matt Reynolds

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
Wait? I thought I was sideshow? Did I lose the name once the hair was chopped off?
  • KentCarter likes this
BFG Supertour Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - Majors Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

mdavis

mdavis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Region:Texas

Hey Matt-- Great drive in EP!  Congrats on the National Championship!!!

• KentCarter and Charlie Hayes like this
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
God I wish I could post something right now but I dot want to look like a dumbass if I'm wrong. I will patiently wait. Let's just say the process continues…
  • Juan Pineda and Charlie Hayes like this

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users