Gateway Majors Thread

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

Tom Scheifler

Tom Scheifler

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Using all the runs overlayed. The red car on average can out turn, out brake and out run the blue car. The blue car is way more consistent than the red car especially in the technical areas. Just based on the graphs and not taking into count draft traffic and such the red car has more capability that the driver isn't extracting. If I was presented this and and ask what car I wanted to race based only on this data sample I would pick the red car.

Hmmm.  That blue (black) car is for sale at $29,950.  I'll sell the red one for $29,000.  :devil:

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts

And I'll throw mine in for just $20k in a package deal!

Reminds me of the escalating property tax assessment of my deteriorating home, if they think it's worth that much they should be required to buy it.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99
Can't be just buy one for 10k or less that's just as good as those to run with the 30k car???

Pretty sure we can...

Certainly can buy one and put a few thousand into it and it be as good I would think. But what do I know.

Some will say this is what spec miata should be everyone in 10k cars or less, and maybe it should be not really sure.

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Tom Scheifler

Tom Scheifler

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Can't be just buy one for 10k or less that's just as good as those to run with the 30k car???

Would that be a bad thing? Why make people spend $30k to be competitive? If the same driver can get the same result for $10-$15k less than the current cost, that sounds like a good idea to me.

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
They have that class already it's called ssM.

K. Webb

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Tom Scheifler

Tom Scheifler

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

They have that class already it's called ssM.

No, I meant (and I thought you did too) without regression of the current SM rule set.

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
Or if you want to give us give us 99 up guys a header or bigger rp or lower weight maybe we can do that also...

K. Webb

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts
Kyle is still being obnoxious, don't waste time assuming otherwise where we are concerned. He means that the 1.6 has such an advantage that even a half-assed effort is competitive, not that there's anything wrong with succeeding at building "a competitive car for $15k all-in", so long as it's an NB. Talking out his ass as usual lately because he has not one clue as to how much time money and effort has gone into our cars and each event, and obviously has no interest in finding out.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
Yep you guys are that good of drivers that your 10-15k cars are competitive now. Obnoxious or not the data and vid pretty much proves that point and I am obviously not the only one who thinks so, Im just one of the few other then hardy that has the nutts to come out and say it.

K. Webb

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
If my dad gave me a new gun for Christmas but momma wanted to take it away I would fight hard to keep it also... so you guys are doing the right thing IMO

K. Webb

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
And Steve I am all for saving money! Stupid that we need to spend 30k plus... but if I can own a 15k 1.6 and be competitive with a 30k plus 99 then how is that parity?

K. Webb

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
I can assure you no 15k 99+ is competitive in the slightest

K. Webb