199 replies to this topic

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
Very good!! Great man indeed...any of these apply?

"It was impossible to get a conversation going, everybody was talking too much."

"The future ain't what it used to be."

"You can observe a lot by just watching."

"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there."

"Half the lies they tell about me aren't true."

"If you ask me anything I don't know, I'm not going to answer."

"It's like deja-vu, all over again."

Y.B.

But one of my favorites....

Facts are stubborn things.
Ronald Reagan

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Lance Snyder

Lance Snyder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

And I was not challenging you, maybe baiting you but not challenging!

I heard charbs was the master at baiting
Lance Snyder
Atlanta Region F&C
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation

Chains

Chains

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Region:Central FL
  • Car Year:9199
  • Car Number:17

HighChair, thanks for the clarification. Chains, my apologies as it was obviously my mistake. Seems that there were several crashes in this SM race.

Andrew, I have no need to call Jeff. Am I supposed to tell him that he shouldn't wreck people? You'd think he would know that by now. Even if Voyteck deserved contact, and it sounds like he did, you don't do it at over 100mph. Hell, walk up and deck the guy after the race, at least that's a fair fight. Jeff L, after hitting the car in impound at Mid O, turning Pombo at over 100 mph, and doing the same last weekend shouldn't have a license.

"Riggins" First let me say I consider Jeff a great friend, he and alot of others are the only reason why I am even a part of the SM class. Beleive me when I tell you if I do something "idiotic" on the track, the public humiliation posted in these forums is nothing to the absolute torture that I would receive under the AT tent. I know personally the ability of one person alone to help so many drivers be top contenders in the most competitive class out there, I watched as many nights the help given to a competitor to get his car ready for the next day, sacrificing all that we take for granted not because it is his job, but because he would rather help someone else other than himself. Some will agree, some may not, Jeff plays a huge part in the SM class, the competition level generated by his development of cars, engines, setup and preparing new drivers is only matched by a few individuals in the whole country.

Let me finish by saying this to you "Riggins" Your theory of a fix is "walking up and decking a guy" after the race,,,, may work for you until the guy you "deck" falls hits his head and fails to ever walk again beacuse of an injury you just caused him.....Sounds to me like it is you who should go with out a license. Did you eat paint chips as a child????

Up your dose of anger medication, drink a beer or two and enjoy life a little, and remember................ the richest man in the world is the one that fix "Stupidity" :unsure:

Riggins

Riggins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

"Riggins" First let me say I consider Jeff a great friend, he and alot of others are the only reason why I am even a part of the SM class. Beleive me when I tell you if I do something "idiotic" on the track, the public humiliation posted in these forums is nothing to the absolute torture that I would receive under the AT tent. I know personally the ability of one person alone to help so many drivers be top contenders in the most competitive class out there, I watched as many nights the help given to a competitor to get his car ready for the next day, sacrificing all that we take for granted not because it is his job, but because he would rather help someone else other than himself. Some will agree, some may not, Jeff plays a huge part in the SM class, the competition level generated by his development of cars, engines, setup and preparing new drivers is only matched by a few individuals in the whole country.

That's sweet, but no excuse to pit fellow competitors at over 100mph. Keep your darn alternator but don't wreck me.

Let me finish by saying this to you "Riggins" Your theory of a fix is "walking up and decking a guy" after the race,,,, may work for you until the guy you "deck" falls hits his head and fails to ever walk again beacuse of an injury you just caused him.....Sounds to me like it is you who should go with out a license. Did you eat paint chips as a child????

Up your dose of anger medication, drink a beer or two and enjoy life a little, and remember................ the richest man in the world is the one that fix "Stupidity" :unsure:

The decking comment was analogous at best. And seemingly more fair than Jeff attacking people with a car from behind. I have no idea what the AT tent but he needs more of it. It doesn't matter if he's Mother Theresa or if he's cured cancer, he's purposely dangerous on the track. As for the richest guy in the world, we certainly know with which driver he can start.

Chains

Chains

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Region:Central FL
  • Car Year:9199
  • Car Number:17

The decking comment was analogous at best. And seemingly more fair than Jeff attacking people with a car from behind. I have no idea what the AT tent but he needs more of it. It doesn't matter if he's Mother Theresa or if he's cured cancer, he's purposely dangerous on the track. As for the richest guy in the world, we certainly know with which driver he can start.

What'd I tell you about your medication and a beer??? :wacko:

Low Blow with the Mother and Cancer comments, My mothers constant battle with cancer is not something you should be making fun of.........I think in your case the rich guy would be no help..... :excl:

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

Not taking sides in terms of which driver might be responsible for what, but how you conduct yourself on the track matters more than off the track IMO. I've met and known several guys over the years that were terrific in the paddock or at the bar that I'd never want to race with again. Stupiditly or repeated stupidity on the track will quickly negate any established good will off the track.

As for the officials, if nothing was done to address the back straight crash then I call B.S. We are certainly blessed in SCCA with a fantastic bunch of VOLUNTEER workers, many of which have been devoted to the cause for decades. Can't loose sight of that. However, it's completely irresponsible IMO not to have addressed this incident. Again, maybe it was dealt with but there is no evidence of that in the thread. Even if corner workers did not witness the incident and even if no protest was filed, stewards should have made an inquiry with the drivers. The condition of one car should have been enough to compel the officials to take a close look. They could simply have asked the drivers for written statements and gone from there. Maybe they did. I don't know.

In the end it'll be up to those involved to work it out and to start down the LONG road of restoring their own reputations. Helping others in the paddock won't have any meaningful impact on that.
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Lucky Pierre

Lucky Pierre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Region:60
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:6

That is a rough hit. I was not there, but I think the problem is how he got into the bridge...

I looked at the wrecked car on Sunday and the first thing that jumped out at me was the driver's seat. It was one of the basic Kirkey flat back seats with no side impact protection besides the rib wrap arounds. Those seats scare the s__t out of me. I can't say for sure, but I suspect that if the driver had a good Recaro or Ultrashield seat with shoulder and head support, he probably would have walked away. I base this partially on a very similar wreck that occurred ~4 yrs ago in a Mustang Challenge race (same track, same turn/bridge abutment, much better seat). The car was destroyed - the driver walked away. I use an Ultrashield Nascar type seat and love it (of course, I've never tested it in a hard side impact against solid concrete....yet).

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Region:83
  • Car Year:1967
  • Car Number:67
I think people are mixing a one car wreck to a three car wreck not sure .

but in responce to tom may i ask how many races have you run .

not calling you out but your experiance does not show here in your statement

i will let you know . this is the judge and jury not scca he as drivers must work it out orask for support or action with a protest. please keep your personal opinon to you self. again i am very sleepy , with political words like bunch of workers

they do a great job but are not going to change things after the race thay are there because of there love watching us
lucky son of bitches having fun and beating up on each other. you were not there. dont bring your democrat views to this forum,
joyce behar. no protest in southeast but maybe the southeast might start protesting you northern boys and girls and we can make a tv show that will fit a primetime debate . when is the last time you did a charity event .dont fix the souht fix your region i was almost spun at the runoffs be one of your one in a straight line at 89.50 mph. i have spoken

andrew charbonneau just in case you dont know
Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
hey lucky what are you trying to say your 1 post needs more input glad you on board .

i hit a wall at 95 plus at topeka next year they moved it back 50 feet i was the test dummie

took a dead pedal stem in the leg to the bone still finished 5th in spec racer next day championship race

what are you trying to say. its raceing lee major wreked at 450 mpr hit the ground they built the millon dollar man and now he sells hearing aids

whats your point
Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
Im sorry lucky didnt know you and lee majors graduate the same year my bad

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW

Mike Lliteras

Mike Lliteras

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
Can someone answer this for me, it seems like this guy Voytek has pissed off a lot of people and is a dangerous driver. I would think that someone would have had a talk or two with him, he's probably even been bumped off the track a few times. Would he have learned if he was just punted in the gravel again, or maybe he learns when his driving hurts somebody else. If he doesn't learn from this wreck and this conversation, then there is little hope that he would change. It's too bad other cars were involved but did it take something like this to straighten him out? It's just an observation maybe someone with a little more experience can answer this.
Thanks

dstevens

dstevens

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Region:LVR

but in responce to tom may i ask how many races have you run .

not calling you out but your experiance does not show here in your statement

Don't see what the number of races one has been in has to do with it. Personally I stopped remembering the number of races five or six years ago. Some of the guys down there are dangerous and you keep pulling the "hey we're big swingin' dicks of SM" so it's OK card. You may well be the swingin' dicks of SM but it's not excuse for the behavior. You guys want to race that way down there, knock yourselves out. If a car comes in on the hook with some rumpled tin and scratched paint, no big deal. When several come in with damage like front clips missing track officials should take note. That's what they do in the big leagues.

Waterboy

Waterboy

MEATHEAD Racing Hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Region:WDC
  • Car Number:15

I get it i was kidding also still like talking mybe i could coach waterboy

Would you please :)
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Blake Clements

Blake Clements

• Moderators
  • 305 posts
  • Car Number:6
Last three laps video. Not sure if I've posted it yet.

Blake Clements

http://www.blakeclements.com - Driver Coaching, Consulting, & Video/Data Analysis.

OPM Autosports/SP Induction Systems/X-Factor Racing/G-Loc Brakes/Traqmate/Bell Helmets

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner -

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

Last three laps video. Not sure if I've posted it yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikNKUaxXm4g

Thats some awesome driving! Congrats on the win!

K. Webb