Photo

Tire management

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
285 replies to this topic

Poll: tire management (83 member(s) have cast votes)

Do we need a tire management program

1. yes (73 votes [87.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 87.95%

2. no (6 votes [7.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.23%

3. undecided (4 votes [4.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.82%

Opinions on proposed program

1. I like it is as is, no changes (54 votes [65.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 65.06%

2. I don't like it (4 votes [4.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.82%

3. I like it but it needs some work (25 votes [30.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.12%

Do you agree with the tire replacement part of the proposal?

1. yes, leave it as is (54 votes [65.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 65.06%

2. no not at all (5 votes [6.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.02%

3. yes I agree but the plan needs work (24 votes [28.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.92%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts
Allow me to offer the non-cave dweller version:

Given the level of interest I’m sure the SMAC will give us a sense of where things stand. This unofficial poll may or may not be entirely representative of the broader population, but as polls go it is statistically a more than adequate number of respondents, and at greater than 12:1 in favor of some form of tire program with less than 6% undecided, I don’t see how it would be justified to simply kill the entire subject in committee without more input. That would require some public justification and a public show of hands from the SMAC. We have a right to know who is and isn’t in agreement with us on major issues. Anyone who doesn’t think so should reconsider their involvement with the committee.
  • Jim Drago likes this
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:41

We have a right to know who is and isn’t in agreement with us on major issues. Anyone who doesn’t think so should reconsider their involvement with the committee.

That's the spirit! Now that I'm a paid member of the SCCA again...I can chime in without remorse! (Okay, I didn't feel any remorse before, either). But, I maybe should have.

On the other hand...I like the Cave-dweller version...or the Henry VIII version.

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

The SMAC call was last night, its been dead silence... 

Sure hope personal agendas and grievances against where the proposal came from didn't get in way of what's best for the class. 

Time will tell, but feel fairly certain a thank you for your input the rules are fine as written is in my future.

If you get this ^ response, I'll forward the Collins, Thank You For Your Input sign. Hey, it's even has a attached holding stick.

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

If you get this ^ response, I'll forward the Collins, Thank You For Your Input sign. Hey, it's even has a attached holding stick.

I’ll copy and paste the response here when I get it

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts

I’ll copy and paste the response here when I get it

When will that be? Why should we wait? SMAC members have accounts here, if they have reached a decision then I am calling on them to step forward now and lay it out. If deliberations continue then post here their reservations for comment or make a formal recommendation that member input be requested. There are several acceptable paths from here but a simple statement of rejection at some later date isn’t one of them.
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts
Oh, and someone figure out how to request that Hoosier please incorporate a couple smooth sections of sidewall on the SM8 so we have a place for stickers.

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts
And would someone PLEASE update the SMAC members list on this forum? It’s still from 2015 for crap’s sake.

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

And would someone PLEASE update the SMAC members list on this forum? It’s still from 2015 for crap’s sake.

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
Powers
Hedrick
Provitz
Cefalo
Can't remember the 5th member.kohler?

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

When will that be? Why should we wait? SMAC members have accounts here, if they have reached a decision then I am calling on them to step forward now and lay it out. If deliberations continue then post here their reservations for comment or make a formal recommendation that member input be requested. There are several acceptable paths from here but a simple statement of rejection at some later date isn’t one of them.

The SMAC whether for or against this proposal ( any letter or proposal) is not supposed to comment on their personal opinions after a vote. If they vote 3-2 for something it passes, and publicly all are supposed to support it. If it they vote against it, they are not supposed to comment out of turn. The last thing they need is for people to say I was for it but Ralph :) ( example only) tanked it. 

The chance of SMAC members coming on here and explaining their personal position is slim and none and slim left a long time ago :)  Perhaps Sean Hedrick as Chairman, after the response has been sent can post something on behalf of the SMAC and their thinking.  But from past experience, I can say that is often a tough road as well, but can be done.

SMAC members

Sean Hedrick Chair

Ralph Provitz

Jason Kohler

Rich Powers

Marc Cefalo 

I would expect an email a week or so after the CRB meeting, maybe 3 weeks or so

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Sean - MiataCage

Sean - MiataCage

• Moderators
  • 301 posts

If this doesn't go to the members of our class to decided through crb input imo every smac member against that should be removed from his possition. It is our class it should be up to the racers!

For a guy who is potentially calling for the heads of volunteers trying to help better this class I would have expected that you would have submitted a letter.  You have 8 posts in this thread alone but couldn't take 2 seconds to send in a letter..... Come on dude.

We have Jim's proposal and 3 additional letters.  Three......  

So, Kyle..... Instead of being an internet hero and threatening volunteers if you don't get your way, follow the process and submit a freakin letter.  

This forum while entertaining has ZERO bearing on decisions and official policy of the SMAC or CRB.  The only formal consideration is through the CRB letter system.

With 3 letters for a class with thousands of cars and only 11 races, it is hard for us to believe that this is a huge problem, without more input.

Personally, I like the concept and think it merits more discussion and input from members.  We have not made a formal decision on anything at this time as we only have 3 letters and are doing some logistical research. 

Everyone who has commented in this thread, please take 2 seconds and submit a letter.

Sean

• Jim Drago, ner88 and av8tor like this
Sean Hedrick - President
www.miatacage.com
360-606-7734
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys!

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts

We have Jim's proposal and 3 additional letters.  Three......  

Sean

pathetic :(  If half the people who voted here in the poll sent in the shortest letter.. all of two minutes.. It would have been hard to ignore..

Very simple, I just did a sample letter to see how long it takes, literally less than 30 seconds :(

CRBSCCA.com

Prefilled box will pop up

a few arrow downs

choose the following:

club racing board

spec miata

Sm

Under "title"  add  : "tire limiting proposal"

request box add: "I support a problem that limits the number of tires used per weekend"

click submit, done!

• Sean - MiataCage and Steve Scheifler like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

request box add: "I support a problem that limits the number of tires used per weekend"

Can I add....Jim Dargo told me to say it. ??

:devil:
  • Jim Drago likes this

-tch

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Under "title" add : "tire limiting proposal"
click submit, done!

Done.  Now I can be all "high and mighty" about it. With 4 letters submitted, and 2 more to follow...it's now a landslide, and the SMAC has been innundated with our demands!

-tch

Tom Sager

Tom Sager

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts
  • Region:Central
  • Car Year:1996
  • Car Number:94

pathetic :(  If half the people who voted here in the poll sent in the shortest letter.. all of two minutes.. It would have been hard to ignore..

Very simple, i just did it to see, literally less than 30 seconds :(

CRBSCCA.com

Prefilled box will pop up

a few arrow downs

choose the following:

club racing board

spec miata

Sm

Under "title"  add  : "tire limiting proposal"

click submit, done!

Will send a letter this weekend.  Yes others please do the same and it wouldn't hurt to request a tire change for 2020.  Yeah that seems to be in the works but that's an improvement we should all want. 

• Sean - MiataCage and Steve Scheifler like this
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

For a guy who is potentially calling for the heads of volunteers trying to help better this class I would have expected that you would have submitted a letter. You have 8 posts in this thread alone but couldn't take 2 seconds to send in a letter..... Come on dude.

We have Jim's proposal and 3 additional letters. Three......

So, Kyle..... Instead of being an internet hero and threatening volunteers if you don't get your way, follow the process and submit a freakin letter.

This forum while entertaining has ZERO bearing on decisions and official policy of the SMAC or CRB. The only formal consideration is through the CRB letter system.

With 3 letters for a class with thousands of cars and only 11 races, it is hard for us to believe that this is a huge problem, without more input.

Personally, I like the concept and think it merits more discussion and input from members. We have not made a formal decision on anything at this time as we only have 3 letters and are doing some logistical research.

Everyone who has commented in this thread, please take 2 seconds and submit a letter.

Sean

Sean, I knew Jim sent a letter, we all voted here and well as it was posted on Facebook to catch more people into the conversation.

I have no idea what the process is the only time I have ever seen racers asked to send a crb letter is after the smac decides to be for a change.

Now that you are asking for a letter I am happy to write one as will many others.

The smac seems to be a secret society to me and maybe others that are not politically involved in the club.

I commend you for coming on here and posting what you have posted.

Will send a letter soon!

I am not demanding my way btw I am asking for it to go to the class to vote! If more then 50% voted against it then it should die whether I want it or not!

K. Webb