Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • Region:83
  • Car Year:1967
  • Car Number:67

I know some are worried about what threads like this do for the opinions of people that are exploring the possibility of SM racing. As one of those, I'd like to say that the only thing this thread (and many others like it) has taught me is that I won't be taking my car to a Florida race. Meanwhile, my popcorn is about done.

come on florida is great the best dame show in the country
Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

exninja

exninja

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Region:AZ

I only said I wouldn't bring my car ;)

AJ Roderick

AJ Roderick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:Neohio
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:56

come back up to ohio, ill provide the grid girls
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Doug007

Doug007

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Region:TX

I know some are worried about what threads like this do for the opinions of people that are exploring the possibility of SM racing. As one of those, I'd like to say that the only thing this thread (and many others like it) has taught me is that I won't be taking my car to a Florida race. Meanwhile, my popcorn is about done.

This is the real damage this BS does: people stop showing up.

Whether they think they won't get a fair chance because of extra-legal modifications or put into the wall Days of Thunder style, people stay away. I'm glad I don't live in Florida right now.

I have a great group of friends that, like Mr. Drago's comment, generally have more fun drinking beers at the garage than actually driving but it's the driving that gets us together on a regular basis. Having a bunch of high school drama (or man drama for that matter) ruins it.

I'm glad the NASA Florida director is watching this. The organization will be better off when these antics stop and people start talking about how much fun they had at Sebring rather than how some idiot is threatening to punt them at the next race.

exninja

exninja

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Region:AZ

come back up to ohio, ill provide the grid girls

I was trying to figure out if Charb's post was an innocent misspell or a pun

Jim Platis

Jim Platis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Region:Florida
  • Car Number:06

I have eaten a lot of pop corn as well watching this train wreck, but now we are miss perceived here in Florida as a bunch of idiots that we do not know what we are doing. That is not good and nothing could be further from the truth. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has got one, and these forums are there to discuss exactly the color and shape of our assholes. That being said, I have read some extremely disturbing things on these forums, from people hiding behind anonymity and formulating personal attacks to terrible misconceptions about drivers and NASA Florida, from people whom have never raced here do not know the “players” personally but are insistent about formulating an opinion based on what they read here. There were I believe 15 Spec Miatas racing at Sebring and most had a great time, I know I did, Alex, Charb’s, Nick, my brother Derik and a host of others always have a good time, race hard and clean with no issues, and best of all we laugh.

I got into a big wreck with Derik at turn one on Saturday and severely damaged both of our cars, when we got to the pits the first thought on both of our minds was if the other guy is OK not whose fault it was, both concerned about each others welfare. This is racing, crap happens, at the end of the day I agree with Jim the camaraderie and the friendships are all we have. All you self perceived Schumacher’s out there need to get a life and cool it. It is truly unbelievable that people are talking about putting people into the wall etc, what a bunch of nonsense.

Is there an issue here? Off course there is, we locals know, who, what, where and how, you can be sure of that, and trust me it is all taking a natural course to get fixed. Florida is a great place to race I don’t want any of you to formulate the wrong opinion here, come and race with us I guaranty you a good time with some great people and I will make sure you laugh.

Jim Platis
performancetread.com

• latapx likes this

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

thats the great thing about me i reach so many with few words or puns all the same
Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.
SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Andrew Charbonneau

Andrew Charbonneau

Royal P.I.T.A.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
And laugh we do moovin is the biggest joke on the forum besides me .

but i think he has malice in is words not good for any class of monkeys

NOT TALKING ABOUT YOU BAGOON LOL

Jim Platis

Jim Platis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Region:Florida
  • Car Number:06

And laugh we do moovin is the biggest joke on the forum besides me .

but i think he has malice in is words not good for any class of monkeys

NOT TALKING ABOUT YOU BAGOON LOL

I can honestly say that you crack me up dude. :moon:

Adam Molaver

Adam Molaver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Region:Mid-Atlantic
  • Car Number:50

Jon I have not raced with NASA FLA but most of the Midwest and Southeast, Our region takes contact serious as I am sure you do, after all we are racing for a plastic trophy and it makes little sense to risk a car and injury for a podium finish.

the point I want to make is that NASA is the only group that allows 14 year old drivers to compete, I know when it comes to driving a car on the street that the the law is strict on minors who get in to crashes and speeding tickets when on a permit, the consequences are high because the want to send a message that they need to learn the rules of the road and obey them.

I would think the Jr, being an ambassador of the young driver would want to be a model citizen of the young driver, and I would think NASA would also be interested in a good example being set.

I am not suggesting a double standard, i guess I am suggesting strict enforcement. Not only because he is learning the skill of racing but as a young adult the skill of judgment.

My point of all this is that I think that puts a different burden on NASA in training the young racers who come into your organization.

I am sure you did the right thing. I know i would have some pause in coming down to run with your group if this was not put under control.

i've never met the breathless folks so can't speak to them other than to say the behavior they've exhibited on and off track sounds atrocious. it is not an age thing. there might be a big physical difference between a 12-14 year old and a 16-17 year old, but do you really think mentally/maturity-wise, there is? we've got a 13 year old racing with us in the mid atlantic, and he has been a model citizen / participant. his father has high standards for his behavior, on and off track..and so, he has high standards for himself.

the age is not the problem...

ahm

AJ Roderick

AJ Roderick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:Neohio
  • Car Number:56

it was probably a combo of misspell and a pun, and not innocent
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

i've never met the breathless folks so can't speak to them other than to say the behavior they've exhibited on and off track sounds atrocious. it is not an age thing. there might be a big physical difference between a 12-14 year old and a 16-17 year old, but do you really think mentally/maturity-wise, there is? we've got a 13 year old racing with us in the mid atlantic, and he has been a model citizen / participant. his father has high standards for his behavior, on and off track..and so, he has high standards for himself.

the age is not the problem...

ahm

I am not saying that this incident is an age issue, I am saying that with that young age the obligation of the racing body is elevated on the teaching end, and rule enforcement. I have a teenage son and I know they look at risk differently than I do.

I think allowing young drivers to compete is a good thing if done right. A bad thing if done wrong.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Irocket2

Irocket2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Region:Fl
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:59
I was at the racing and would like to give my point of view.

I drove the 59 Miata and was at the race and did see Jr to be faster than Nick and was dogging him the entire race on Sat. Nick did some great blocking and was surprised Jr waited so long to try to pass him. From what I saw Nick tucked in on 17 and Jr went inside and they were side by side. Nick did not attempt to the outside after the apex but instead squeezed jr on the inside and when his car got loose they touched. Either way it was a racing incident with Nick protecting his line. Way to go Jr you had him beat. Oh and I was at impound and saw Jr walk over to Nick and overheard Nicks bogus excuse that it was a low percent pass.. the kid was alongside of you and would have pulled the win if you did not squeeze him tight. You know what you did Nick the squeeze play and Jr had no where to go but try to hang on. I don’t know what you are smoking but you never moved over. I saw Jrs video and feel sad for Nick if he has to try to knock someone off the track. That was not even a bump but a push so hard it almost put Jr sideways and jarred Nicks car as it slide off his bumper. Just admit it Nick your were pissed and tried to take Jr out. The Video shows it. Even the race director was pissed about that move. I don’t know what they did about it but it is in record. Last thing I did notice Jr had the pole on Sunday ahead of Alex,Nick, Selin and me. Then for the race Nick and Alex were gone..lol Anyway I had fun racing in the rain with Jr,Selin and Tim along with a few others. I think I got the record of the slowest lap time.

I know there is a rule about drivers approaching other drivers after an incident. You can contact Mark Rutenburg race director and he would explain it better than me. I remember doing the racing school for NASA and that was brought up to never go to the other driver but go to the race director. Question number 8 on the NASA Comp Lic Written test

#8. What happens if you have contact with another car? What do you do after the contact? The answer is go to the race director not the other driver. I was in the drivers meeting were you??? It was funny on Sunday when so many decided not to go to the drivers meeting.

Nick I heard about you going to the Breathless trailer to call out Jr just to show him a video of you and you blaming him. What happened to not confronting other drivers rule? You broke the rule. You were wrong. Hey if you were in the drivers meeting maybe you would have learned something. If It was me I would have told you the same stuff. The Rule is don’t go confront other drivers, its not SCCA.

Hey Linda you even got in my way and Im slow…lol just playing I wish you have fun too but please move over when I come by and watch the deliberate brake checking. You should be taken out of the race group for safety, you are all over the place and always block lap traffic. I have Cameras front rear and sideways now just to watch the SCCA racers. Hey Linda I raced Sunday and it was a clean race, Jr, me selin, tim never touched anyone so why are you lying? You should still go back to HPDE in my thoughts.

All and all I ended up finishing like 5th I think. I see no one else is saying it so Congrats Jr finishing 3rd and 2nd in a very fast group. Don’t worry about these clowns, you are getting faster every day and had Nick beat all weekend and in top 3. Looks like you are going to be my coach for me running at homestead in a few weeks.

Ira #59 Miata

Jamz14

Jamz14

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
I think allowing adults to race can be a good thing if done properly, and a bad thing if done poorly.
  • Jim Drago and AJ Roderick like this
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Irocket2

Irocket2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Region:Fl
  • Car Number:59
I had a blast running in the rain and cant wait till the next NASA event. All the cry babbies stay out we dont need you. Lets have fun and stop complaining. By the way who is this High chair dude that had to start this stupid post? I didnt bother crying on the forum when some of the other Adult drivers hit me all weekend. Those complaining are just a bunch of babies.

Ira

trimless

trimless

Low Budget Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Region:Texas
  • Car Number:11
It's official folks, Florida has been crowned "man/ boy drama" capitol 2012! :bash:
  • KentCarter, Cnj, Jim Drago and 1 other like this
G. Corley
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

I was at the racing and would like to give my point of view.

Nick I heard about you going to the Breathless trailer to call out Jr just to show him a video of you and you blaming him. What happened to not confronting other drivers rule? You broke the rule. You were wrong. Hey if you were in the drivers meeting maybe you would have learned something. If It was me I would have told you the same stuff. The Rule is don’t go confront other drivers, its not SCCA.

Ira #59 Miata

Wow if this really is the rule, I would say that creates more problems that is solves. Maybe this is the root of the FLA problem as Jim D alluded too. If you can't go to a fellow competitor and have a Man up discussion about what just happened on track then behaviors won't change, respect will not be developed.

I would think having drivers talk it out would solve more problems rather than calling in the Feds. I have made mistakes, when I went over to say my apologies it was end of story. Broke out the beer and tipped one.

I love the SCCA.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Lin

Lin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Region:CFR
  • Car Number:90

Hey Linda you even got in my way and Im slow…lol just playing I wish you have fun too but please move over when I come by and watch the deliberate brake checking. You should be taken out of the race group for safety, you are all over the place and always block lap traffic. I have Cameras front rear and sideways now just to watch the SCCA racers. Hey Linda I raced Sunday and it was a clean race, Jr, me selin, tim never touched anyone so why are you lying? You should still go back to HPDE in my thoughts.

Ira #59 Miata

In my own defense since you called me out, on Saturday the race officials screwed up the gridding in race one and I wanted to let you guys race. I was in PTD class but the starter put me with the SM's by mistake. I actually have very little racing experience, not even one year but I am trying very hard. I don't know what you mean about brake checking probably my inexperience and the rain. I never said anything about Sunday's race or any of the SM drivers in Sunday's race. I was ahead of all the SM's on Sunday and I only slowed after the big accident because there were workers on track. As far as pulling over to let you by, that is probably not going to happen. If I am so slow you should not have any issues passing me. As for Saturday's contact in race 2, that video went to the race director per the rules and I was hit from behind at turn exit.

BTW, the race director does not have any issue with my driving as I was given my full license on Sunday. You actually had no idea what was going on for me last weekend. I was finishing my NOVICE permit races and just trying to stay out of trouble. Thanks for the input. It only gives me more desire to drive better and harder.

So more drama with NASA the worst place in Florida to race (the SCCA haters club).

KentCarter

KentCarter

Future Never Has Been

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:91

I think allowing adults to race can be a good thing if done properly, and a bad thing if done poorly.

I'm now convinced there are no adults in Florida.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Doug007

Doug007

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Region:TX

That's weird. The race results show Linda beating you in both races on Saturday... http://www.mylaps.co...t.jsp?id=799992

Sorry Jim, I'm sure there are plenty of courteous, safe racers in Florida. They are just underrepresented on the interwebs :arguing:
  • Lin likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users