Photo

!! Registration for COTA - Link is WRONG !!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
296 replies to this topic

Yiannis Tsiounis

Yiannis Tsiounis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
Oh what a mess. Maybe we should use last year's wins/qualifying/points (take your pick) to establish who is eligible to run :-)

(spoken by someone who would qualify under that rule, but isn't glued to mazdaracers.com to know when the site will open within 5' of the announcement...)

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:39
Drago

Serious issues with this site - cant anyone do anything properly anymore ! Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh (where is the hitting forehead emitocon) oh here it is ..... :banghead:

Call the professionals now

Cannot use the Like This button any more (exceeded my quota - and Tiley's and Glenn's post definitely deserve Likes) - and there is no DISLIKE. This button - cannot believe the incompetence here

Oh PS -

Blake and Kyle - get your checkbooks ready, I see a significant contact (probably assisted) with a safety barrier in your 60 day future, and from what I have hear they are pretty expensive!!!

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22

Blake, please answer me this... When is lil oll Daniel not all stressed out? He has already written letters to the Pope about all this.

Kyle,

Making light of Danny is not helpful. What the press and the rest of the world doesn't know is this is going to the biggest, most awsome race spectacle ever seen in North America. 85 screaming mad Miatas that have been abused by the powers that be will take the track and one time. The one race to settle all the arguments for eternity; who's the best, what teams the best, what the CTH truly is will all be settled in one long glorious weekend in March. You can see why Danny is anxious, how could anyone want to miss out on this. The fact that Speed TV hasn't set up the live telecast is mind boggling. They should be doing background research on the favorites now so they have something to talk about during the 9 laps of double yellow of the 10 lap race. I sure hope I don't fudge up again and try to register through the SCCA Southwest's website like I did yesterday, I would have nothing to live for if I wasn't part of history.

All kidding aside I am nervous about getting to race if they throw out our premature registration, do they have a pill or a cream or something to keep us from doing that?
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99
here is some cream for you Hoss.

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

pmiranda

pmiranda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Region:TX
An official communication is available at the official SCCA page:
http://www.scca.com/...ionComments.pdf

To quote:

Registration Miscue
Lone Star Region apologizes for this yesterdays miscue with the online registration for March 8-10, 2013
event at the Circuit of the Americas. The unauthorized release of the link to dlbracing.com is unfortunate
and premature as we work out final details on Supplemental Regulations (supp’s) and other aspects of
the registration package. The site was and is not prepared to accept entries and this issue has set us
back.
Registration was not formally announced and not officially opened. We did not have the website ready;
the Supp’s were not published and the credit card processing not enabled. No official announcement of
open registration on SCCA.com was made. Because it is not official we are forced to start over. We have
cancelled all attempted registrations and will OFFICIALLY OPEN registration on dlbracing.com in the
near future. The Lone Star Region Race Chairman will announce on SCCA.com with at least 24 hours
notice when that will be. Everyone will get the same 24 hour notice. The Supp’s will be published prior to
registration being opened on SCCA.com.
When registration does open we will be taking Credit Cards ( MasterCard, Visa and Discover). An entry is
not complete until payment is received. 14 days will be allotted to receive checks. Credit Card Payments
are encouraged.
PLEASE read the supplemental regulations. There are many changes in how we can use the facility and
operate our event. Understand, COTA retains the right to eject ANY participant from the facility for
violating these regulations. They have a wonderful facility and plan to keep it that way - RESPECT THE
FACILITY; RESPECT THE PEOPLE is their mantra.
Again, we sincerely apology for the chaos caused by this unauthorized release. I must reiterate: If you
are getting your information from any other source than SCCA.com it is not legitimate. If you are
getting information from anyone other than the Registrars or the Race Chair it is not legitimate.
We appreciate your understanding and patience in this matter and are looking forward to having an event
that will be the memorable for all.
Roger Krebs
Race Chairman, BFGoodrich Tires COTA Super Tour

suck fumes

suck fumes

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Region:Lonestar
  • Car Year:1997
  • Car Number:75
What a crock, people rarely read the supps before they register and even if they do its not going to deter someone from wanting to register anyway. I hope the announcement is emailed or something so we don't all have to hover over SCCA.com to watch. It's crap like this that scares people away and going to the shiny competitor racing organization where online reg is a breeze and headache free. This track is the ONLY SCCA event ill be attending for a long time.
2010, 2011 SM Sowdiv points champion!
2011 National points champion!

WWW.MOTORSPORTHEAVEN.COM

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:22
Typical SCCA decision making: 200+ customers, oh exuse me, members, here is your big heaping pile of crap, now shut up and eat it.
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Ron Alan

Ron Alan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  • Car Year:1995
Yikes! I see a server crash in the near future and some really pissed off people! I say combine all those 10 car entry classes and give SM 2 85 car groups...divided by....well something :duck:
  • Jim Drago, trimless and Caesar Vielmas like this

Ron

RAmotorsports

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Chris70

Chris70

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Region:NER
Yeah , so much for RESPECT THE PEOPLE
Donor - Made PayPal donation

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
Thanks Pmiranda

I did see that on the SCCA COTA page

Yet despite what I read there about all registrations being cancelled, DLB is still showing myself and 203 other lucky or unlucky drivers as having registered for the event.

You would expect that the Division and DLB would align themselves, if not on the same page well at least in the same book!!!

Danny
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
Hey Drago

send me the traffic stats - gotta be one massive spike!!! Surprised you haven't come up with high $$$ advertising slots between posts!!!!

Danny

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
I'm as frustrated with registration as anyone else, maybe even more so as it is embarrassing to Lone star Region, DLB and teh club in general. Lets just take a breath and move forward, a decision has been made, we have no choice other than to accept it. Lets get through registration then see what can be done with qualifying. As I have shared with a few members, I think the current qualifying format is likely to hurt someone.
Jim

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

trimless

trimless

Low Budget Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Region:Texas
  • Car Number:11
Well I think we were just handed an excrement sandwich and expected to enjoy it with a smile :spin:
  • Jason J Ball likes this
G. Corley
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Blake Clements

Blake Clements

• Moderators
  • 305 posts
  • Car Number:6

Oh PS -

Blake and Kyle - get your checkbooks ready, I see a significant contact (probably assisted) with a safety barrier in your 60 day future, and from what I have hear they are pretty expensive!!!

Well, I can say thats the first time I've seen something like that posted on Mazdaracers. Have you been hanging out with the primates again?
  • Tracy Fowler - OPM likes this

Blake Clements

http://www.blakeclements.com - Driver Coaching, Consulting, & Video/Data Analysis.

OPM Autosports/SP Induction Systems/X-Factor Racing/G-Loc Brakes/Traqmate/Bell Helmets

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner -

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
Blake
Love the sig!
  • Marc Cefalo likes this

Danny

greengreengreen

greengreengreen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts
One thing that seems to be missing is that SCCA members are also customers. I would guess that most everyone who has shared negative comments works for some kind of business. How many times has someone in your business screwed up which has caused financial harm to another party? Huh?

And lets be honest. If someone suffers financial harm over something like this then whoever they are dealing with that holds them responsible is a pure D!

So cast your stones. I hope you remind yourself of your comments the next time a customer has a problem with the business you are involved in.

Let's all try to be better members and good customers.
  • Lee Thomas likes this

Lee Thomas

Lee Thomas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Region:Lone Star
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:24
You heard it here... So sorry everyone.

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

One thing that seems to be missing is that SCCA members are also customers. I would guess that most everyone who has shared negative comments works for some kind of business. How many times has someone in your business screwed up which has caused financial harm to another party? Huh?

And lets be honest. If someone suffers financial harm over something like this then whoever they are dealing with that holds them responsible is a pure D!

So cast your stones. I hope you remind yourself of your comments the next time a customer has a problem with the business you are involved in.

Let's all try to be better members and good customers.

We all tried that by rushing to register for what promised to be the worlds greatest amatuer race...

K. Webb