Photo

!! Registration for COTA - Link is WRONG !!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
296 replies to this topic

Mike Asselta

Mike Asselta

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Region:Kansas City
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:70

Hopefully the GCR is followed and we can all stop hitting refresh!

For $200, Blake will hit refresh for you and enter you in the race the moment that registration opens. He is offering a 50% refund if he fails to get you in the top 85.
Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,567 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2
I would like to thank my sponsor, Tom Sager of Tech trade partners for supplying me with a super fast Bad ass, has to illegal computer that will allow me to win heat two of regsitration
  • HoneyBadger - BrianW, Glenn, MPR22 and 2 others like this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

steve johnson

steve johnson

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10 posts
Dont any of you wankers work?!?!?!?!

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

I would like to thank my sponsor, Tom Sager of Tech trade partners for supplying me with a super fast Bad ass, has to illegal computer that will allow me to win heat two of regsitration

But... is it "tech shed legal"? :whistling:

Mike Asselta

Mike Asselta

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Region:Kansas City
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:70

Sorry Jim, registration opened while you were posting and I was first. It may have closed again.
Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Blake Clements

Blake Clements

• Moderators
  • 305 posts
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:6

For $200, Blake will hit refresh for you and enter you in the race the moment that registration opens. He is offering a 50% refund if he fails to get you in the top 85.

Excuse me Mike, it is $2000 for this event.

Blake Clements

http://www.blakeclements.com - Driver Coaching, Consulting, & Video/Data Analysis.

OPM Autosports/SP Induction Systems/X-Factor Racing/G-Loc Brakes/Traqmate/Bell Helmets

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner -

Caesar Vielmas

Caesar Vielmas

SM Driver

• Administrators
  • 126 posts
  • Region:SW Div
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:27

Let them all come. Then let the top 90 after qualifying race. No need to cap the amount of entries.

Since I'm out of the top 85 who registered this am (first on the damn waitlist)...I'm all for this. Let quals (top 85 or 90 whatever the number is) determine who races and who doesn't but let us all in. :thumbsup: :cheers:
Caesar Vielmas
blu27.com
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39
49 users lurking on this thread .... brings back memories of some of the really unhealthy threads of the past
  • Tracy Fowler - OPM likes this

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,567 posts
Not to change the subject.. But if we could get this race on ESPN.. We would have an audience for life! Throw in a full Runoffs tear down with cameras in the tech shed and post race wrap up show like Beverly Hills housewives.. Man we have would have a hit on our hands!

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Brocodile

Brocodile

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Region:SEDIV
  • Car Number:61
Frank the Lawgiver is correct. Though not "official", the registration list which still can be found on dlb should be used to prioritize the entries. People obviously knew about it well in advance and acted in reasonable reliance upon it. Alex's point about the problem of coordinating registration for racers travelling together is sound. It wasn't easy to do and it would be unfair to require them to do it again. In addition, many people rearranged their schedules just so they could hit the button at 12:01, and would be placed at hardship to do so again. I can see why it may be necessary to require everybody to re-register (legal technicalities, etc.) but don't restart the registration "race". If necessary, give us time to re-register withina reasonable time, knowing whether we are in or out. The legal maxim, "diligence is rewarded" is based on centuries of tried-and-true experience with human nature and generally accepted principles of fairness. This applies to PR as well.

BTW, Mike's suggestion of a quaifying cutoff is fair in an abstract sense, but not very practical, IMO. Ironically, once the entry list is finalized, drivers will look it over to assess their chances of qualifying vs. time and expense of travel. A large number will drop out, and the race stands a good chance of being undersubscribed.

Skip Brock
OPM Autosports, Nelson Engines
2012 SARRC Spec Miata Champion
2012 SEDiv Regional Driver of the Year

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

zoomzoom22

zoomzoom22

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Region:Southeast
Or use a qualifying races or a qually session (or something like that) on Friday (instead of double practices which seems very odd) to determine top 85 racers for SM and give a partial refund or something to someone that doesn't make the show. I don't get why Friday is a practice day anyhoo. That's odd to have a day of practices only anyway and certainly not better than a qually on Friday and a qually on Saturday for Sat afternoon race.

This is of course unless I read that notes wrong thus far that Friday was practice sessions only?

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

• Administrators
  • 6,567 posts
Turn one is getting tighter and tighter and tighter! :spin:

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Or use a qualifying races or a qually session (or something like that) on Friday (instead of double practices which seems very odd) to determine top 85 racers. I don't get why Friday is a practice day anyhoo. That's odd to have a day of practices only anyway and certainly not better than a qually on Friday and a qually on Saturday for Sat afternoon race.

Your questions are answered in the GCR. There are required practice minimums for National events, and the way all Regions in the Southwest Division have taken care of it for Double Nationals has been with a Friday practice day. In the last year or two some have finally gotten creative, but dating back 15 years, this is the way it was always done.

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39
When I refresh the entry list for the COTA (event 5207) it still shows 203 registered entries

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Czarny

Czarny

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Region:Florida
  • Car Number:21
Is the registration panel related to Florida's voting supervisors?
  • William Keeling and FTodaro like this

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Is the registration panel related to Florida's voting supervisors?

It did say Central Florida Region on the entry page...........................
  • KentCarter likes this

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

When I refresh the entry list for the COTA (event 5207) it still shows 203 registered entries

Hey rainman i think you already said that to many times
  • trimless likes this

K. Webb