Photo

!! Registration for COTA - Link is WRONG !!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
296 replies to this topic

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

You apparently cannot read?

B. Practice/Qualifying
1. All practice and qualifying shall be by race group.
2. Practice and/or qualifying sessions for each race group must
total a minimum of 45 minutes.
3. Each race group shall have at least 2 sessions before their
race.
4. National practice may be combined with Regional practice
and qualifying; however, National qualifying may not be
combined with Regional practice or qualifying.

Now please quote that and show me where it says what that the minimum for practice for a national is 45 minutes.

Let me help you:

Practice could be 1 minute as long as qualifying was a minimum of 44 minutes. 1 min of practice + 44 minutes of qualifying would equal 45 minimum minutes of practice and/or qualifying (GCR). You missed that I guess. Doesn't say anything about all day practice, nor minimum amount of practice time etc. This would be why guys in other parts of the country don't have practice, yet have 45 minutes of qualifying across 2 sessions and certainly don't take a whole day for practice across 7 groups, particularly with a high amount of entries, possibility of "top 85" in SM etc.

Sorry I have to spell everything out for you. I forgot already that you can't read read either or know what the supps say. Most Practice and Qualifying sessions are combined, so one essentially is the other. I should've made that more clear before, or you could, you know, read the rule book and figure out that's probably what I meant. I accidently a word. Somebody string up the gallows.

Strongbad

Strongbad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Region:ATL
  • Car Year:1992
Top 10 reasons to like Spec Miata:
10. Even registration is competitive.

(please continue list...)

zoomzoom22

zoomzoom22

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Region:Southeast

The supps contradict themselves. IA says GCR will be used, IE says there will be a wait list.- This is not how the GCR spells it out.

DING.

FWIW supps include a paper entry that you can print and mail in. That would be interesting given the registration is frozen at the moment. Does that mean if registration gets wiped clean and we have to re-register that if your mail in gets there tomorrow Fedex you would be #1 or #86? LOL

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75

What we have here is a failure to under stand the rules. This is easy. Registration needs to be open to all! The GCR has rules about this, rules we all agreed to race by when we registered. Let them all come. Then let the top 90 after qualifying race. No need to cap the amount of entries.

So now the Supps are up. The Supps do state that groups are limited to 85 cars then they will begin a wait list. So the over-subscribed rule does not apply.
Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

scott sanda

scott sanda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

the timeline is padded so to avoid... ironically... looking bad when something goes wrong come event time.

Actually, padding the timeline is a good idea for this event.

I don't , however, understand 1 15 min qualifying. In a fully loaded track that means the first guys out of the false grid will have the only shot at a clean lap, and only 1 of those.

Didn't anyone think of at least timing the 2nd practice and using those times to set the grid for qual?

Right now, especially in SM, you are going to have cars lined up in the access way and then rushing to enter the false grid the instant the previous group pulls away, and it will be a cluster frack of epic proportions.

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

Speculating is fun, if nothing else. You may have nailed the right answer already Frank. The region may have real fees to pay to COTA by certain deadlines. Fine, we already mailed our check, so make a deadline.

I think your speculation is better, but I was figuring a bunch of local Texas guys missed out on registration...who knows?

You are right speculation occurs when we are left to our imagination, but since we have time to speculate, You may have hit on the reason as well. OK, then we arm wrestle for it.

My sarcastic point above is OK we have a situation here, I would like to know what the final call is before I depart in the morning, would not want to come home to find out that the bus to Texas has left the station.

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

William Keeling

William Keeling

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Region:Houston Region
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:11

I want to see SM driver 36 in a drivers suit :)

Jim

or out of it :)

William Keeling

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Mike Collins

Mike Collins

Big Cheese

• Moderators
  • 1,262 posts
  • Region:Washington DC
  • Car Number:75
Registration must still be open??? We now have 204 registered.
Mike "MEATHEAD" Collins
Founder - Partner
MEATHEADRacing
240-476-1593

www.meatheadracing.com
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Sugar Daddy - Made PayPal donation of $500+ Donor - Made PayPal donation Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. MX5 Cup Participant - Has Participated in a MX5Cup.com Series Event Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other

Mike Asselta

Mike Asselta

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Region:Kansas City
  • Car Year:1995
  • Car Number:70

Registration must still be open??? We now have 204 registered.

Probably faxed it in on an unofficial fax machine
Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

William Keeling

William Keeling

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Region:Houston Region
  • Car Number:11

What I do know is that the Region didn't activate registration, or we wouldn't be in this situation.

i call BS on this -- so magic was how the link was put on the SODIV site and in DLB

William Keeling

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caesar Vielmas

Caesar Vielmas

SM Driver

• Administrators
  • 126 posts
  • Region:SW Div
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:27
Posted Image
  • john mueller, Blake Clements, Bench Racer and 4 others like this
Caesar Vielmas
blu27.com
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Blake Clements

Blake Clements

• Moderators
  • 305 posts
  • Car Number:6

Posted Image

Yes sir!
  • john mueller likes this

Blake Clements

http://www.blakeclements.com - Driver Coaching, Consulting, & Video/Data Analysis.

OPM Autosports/SP Induction Systems/X-Factor Racing/G-Loc Brakes/Traqmate/Bell Helmets

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner -

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,567 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

Posted Image
Your in the right place :)

• john mueller likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Lee Thomas

Lee Thomas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Region:Lone Star
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:24
I talked with our registrar face-to-face this evening. She stated that she will be meeting with the national registrar tonight. Apparently an argument was being floated that nobody paid so no registrations are valid. I stated that I believe everyone would have paid had they been offered the credit card link. I asked that current registered drivers would have the opportunity to simply pay for their registration online and we reopen registration for everyone else while maintaining the current list as is. She agreed to discuss this request. It seems rational and reasonable to me so stay tuned.

I saw the DLB database and it's complete - 204 people are registered (Blake was indeed the first). The exact time and order of the registrations is in the database.

Personally, I'm confident I simply passed on information the whole world could have found on their own. At least three (me included) of our board members registered using the same link so I wasn't the only person close to this that thought an authoritative website like SOWDiv would have accurate information.

As a BoD member of Lone Star, I profusely apologize. This got mucked up but we'll fix it. It will be fair and follow the established rules.

-Lee

steveracer

steveracer

Blue Eyes, Aquarius, hates being squeezed to the grass in SowDiv

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Car Number:92
It's ALL YOUR fault Lee.

At the race, I want you to personally apologize to EVERYONE on the COTA property for F'ing up what would've been a lovely and seamless event. :grr:

And apologize to me twice.

That is all.

:devil: :thumbsup:
  • Lee Thomas likes this

Steven Holloway

Artist formerly known as Chief Whipping Boy for Lone Star Region

Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Lee Thomas

Lee Thomas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:24

It's ALL YOUR fault Lee.

At the race, I want you to personally apologize to EVERYONE on the COTA property for F'ing up what would've been a lovely and seamless event. :grr:

And apologize to me twice.

That is all.

:devil: :thumbsup:

I'll write 'I'M SORRY" on my rear bumper so you can get a good long look at it. :butthead:

Pat Ross

Pat Ross

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Number:72
Someone in the Lone Star Region needs to make a few calculations for qualifying in a single session.

Assuming 2 seconds between cars going onto the track times 85 cars is 170 seconds which is equal to 2.83 minutes = 2 minutes 50 seconds. A lap around COTA should take +/- 2 minutes and 40 seconds. So by the time the first car out has made it back to the pit exit to the track the last car in the paddock will not have left yet.

Qualitying should be broken down into two sessions with 43 cars in one session and 42 in the other. That is the only way any reasonable qualifying can be done.

MPR 22 Sr.

steveracer

steveracer

Blue Eyes, Aquarius, hates being squeezed to the grass in SowDiv

• SMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Car Number:92

I'll write 'I'M SORRY" on my rear bumper so you can get a good long look at it. :butthead:

Does your car have a rear bumper? I've never seen it before.

Oh, you mean when I lap you. That'll be fine.

Steven Holloway

Artist formerly known as Chief Whipping Boy for Lone Star Region

RussMcB

RussMcB

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Region:SEDiv
  • Car Number:57
I'm curious - How much time passed between the first SM registered and the 85th (or 86th)?

Racer Russ
Marietta, GA
Former SM racer (now back in a formula car)

Barber 2013 Topless

Caesar Vielmas

Caesar Vielmas

SM Driver

• Administrators
  • 126 posts
  • Region:SW Div
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:27
@MPR22 Sr. While I agree with you on your calculations, and that would make for a better qualifying session, one must remember that the qualifying trains in the JP3 camp, Drago squad, and florida boys all include 4 to 6 cars with gaps in the very low 10th sometimes even 100ths /sec...not 2 seconds - your point still stands! ;)
Caesar Vielmas
blu27.com
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users