Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Region:Great lakes
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:99

Well I wasn't actually singling you out, but if you want me too! Stop picking on the new guy kwebb! You give us real Cheetahs a bad name!

And while your at it, quit changing your avatar! We like the mono-kini chick! Unless you can find a better one than her, put her back up!

:flamed:

Can I still pick on Rob?

No MONO KINIS it is unimpropriate on this site. It offends Jeff Greens Wife, I have relented on my smutt for NOW! Green already threatened me to have to drink some 3-2 beer, sounds liek somethign ladies drink to me... LOL

I hope Ron Alan can help me with my spelling and grandmar

K. Webb
Powered by East Street Racing (Best engines in Spec Miata)

Driver coach, Spec Miata Prep shop, Spec Miata Setup

2016 Hard Charger award passing 12 cars runoffs 2016 Mid Ohio

2016 P3 RUNOFFS OVER 40 DIVISION LOL!

2015 First consolation prize Northern Conference Majors Title Pageant
2015 Winner Circus Cat Majors Road America

2015 Winner BlackHawk Majors crash fest

My Signature is still not as long as Danny boy's

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
herd an interesting story about an out of class car pushin another lower class car around the track for an entire race somewhere down south, this last weekend. legal or not?

K. Webb

Donor - Made PayPal donation Majors Winner - Chatterbox - Blah blah blah... Blah blah blah Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
Also how much do eggs cost in brooklyn?

K. Webb

Jamz14

Jamz14

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
Kwebb,

If two guys are a half second off the very best pace, then could working together in the draft not improve them enough to put them in front of the fastest guys for the start? A half second off is not much and very fast in itself. BTW, if two guys a half second off did manage to get ahead of the pack, I'm all for that right now!!! Will help slow up the fastest guys for a lap hopefully and give my slower driver a chance to hang and learn just a bit longer with you.
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Sponsor / Advertiser - Site sponsor / advertiser... support these guys! Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jason J Ball

Jason J Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Region:NASA-SE
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:15
Somebody has taken all the fun out of the forum! :sorry:

Now where will I get my fill of mandrama???
Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

Kwebb,

If two guys are a half second off the very best pace, then could working together in the draft not improve them enough to put them in front of the fastest guys for the start? A half second off is not much and very fast in itself. BTW, if two guys a half second off did manage to get ahead of the pack, I'm all for that right now!!! Will help slow up the fastest guys for a lap hopefully and give my slower driver a chance to hang and learn just a bit longer with you.

depends on the track to asnwer you question, and that is assuming the fast guy doesnt have a draft partner. If I am .5 off and the guy that is .5 faster than me and he dont have a dance partner I am going to get on his bumper rather than trying to team up with a guy same speed as me.

.5 is an eterinty on some tracks, I can remeber when i could get to withing .5 of the front guys I was all proud of myself, till I realized that the .5 was gonna be the toughest .5 I ever gained.

my advice is make freinds with the guy that is .5 faster than you and hope he lets you start the qual on his bumper and hang long as you can. even if you cant hang you can sure learn by watching what he does. I used to go to grid and wait till the guy I wanted to follow came to grid then I would pull in behind him, he had no idea what I was doing, once I learned from that guy and could drive as fast as him , I found my next challenge.

K. Webb

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

Somebody has taken all the fun out of the forum! :sorry:

Now where will I get my fill of mandrama???

Talk to Drago, he is taking Kuwayloods or something. This is Be Nice and boring racers dot com now...

I am just a conformist...

K. Webb

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Number:46
I believe in democracy, and I thought the point of this thread was to get a concensus as to whether we thought bump drafting should be legalized completely in SCCA SM or on a race by race basis. Can someone who knows how just start a poll? Shouldn't a "Club" conform to the wishes of its members?

I'm ok bumping if I hear it'll be accepted, but I won't if it's clearly unacceptable.

I'm a newbie also, but I won't go calling everyone cheaters.
Domm Leuci
--because someone commented that we should all post our names, and not be anonymous. I agree.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Jim Drago

Jim Drago

East Street Racing / 2 Time National Champion

• Administrators
  • 6,566 posts
  • Region:Mid South
  • Car Year:2005
  • Car Number:2

I believe in democracy, and I thought the point of this thread was to get a concensus as to whether we thought bump drafting should be legalized completely in SCCA SM or on a race by race basis. Can someone who knows how just start a poll? Shouldn't a "Club" conform to the wishes of its members?

I'm ok bumping if I hear it'll be accepted, but I won't if it's clearly unacceptable.

When legal gets involved.. it is entirely different story :) The club management is supposed to look out for the interests of the club as a whole. Sometimes the hardest part of that job is saving the members from themselves :)
  • ryoung99 likes this

East Street Auto Parts
Jim@Eaststreet.com
800 700 9080

NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Hoosier Super Tour points Champion - Hoosier Super Tour points Champion ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata BFG Supertour Winner - Majors Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America SCCA National Champion - Won SCCA Runoffs at Road America

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

I believe in democracy,

Me to and by the way I was born in the USA. therefore I have cheetin at my core. We were the first to the moon, first to the atomic bomb, the telephone, we even stold land from those who lived here.

Domm, its simple BD is Illegal in SCCA... I race SCCA, and I bump draft as well as everyone else does to, My region makes no mention about it one way or another, maybe there are regions that do.

St. ambrose once said “if you were in Rome, live in the Roman way; if you are elsewhere, live as they do there”

K. Webb

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Is there more than 1 top prepped, and driven 1.6 in the country, let alone at the same race?

It always comes back to parity and the 1.6 for you. I've wanted to build and drive a 1.6 for years but you have scared me off.

Kyle & Tom, there was NOTHING stated of PARITY in my previous post. Presume there were enough top preped 1.6's/drive by "COOL FOLKS", take the points as they were stated & let er fly. :duck: :wave:

Tom, if your going to be at the Farm for the July regional with your son. Stop by & look my 1.6 over. If your inclined that it's a first rate car set up correctly, your welcome to do a session if you can reach the pedals.:o The week before that race the car will have been on the Dyno. Will test the fuel pressure regulator/printed AFM/tune. What is your body weigh with drivers gear? 16 inch Ultra Shield Pro road race seat.
Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

DrDomm

DrDomm

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Region:NER
  • Car Number:46

When legal gets involved.. it is entirely different story :) The club management is supposed to look out for the interests of the club as a whole. Sometimes the hardest part of that job is saving the members from themselves :)

Ok, well that's good to know. So it's illegal because of liability to the Club? But NASA's lawyers say otherwise? I guess there will be no clarity.
Domm Leuci
--because someone commented that we should all post our names, and not be anonymous. I agree.
Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Caveman-kwebb99

Caveman-kwebb99

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

Kyle & Tom, there was NOTHING stated of PARITY in my previous post. Presume there were enough top preped 1.6's/drive by "COOL FOLKS", take the points as they were stated & let er fly. :duck: :wave:

You question was pretty dirrect. I answered it properly and without malice...

It is not my fault that there are not more top prepped and driven 1.6's.

K. Webb