True North

True North

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Region:Arizona
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:7

"Thanks guys, I am sure that I speak on behalf of all of the forum members when I say that we LOVE to see the races we cannot attend. Not only do we race vicariously though you, but we also get to see tracks that we have never driven before."

Thanks Danny, funny thing...that's how I came to Spec Miata.  I saw one of my buddies video of him racing a spec miata and I thought, "I can do that"   :panic:   

Race hard my friends,
Dean Busk
Director/Spec Liaison Az. SCCA
True North Equity Group

Brian Ghidinelli

Brian Ghidinelli

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:12

Here's my video from Sunday's race with front and rear cameras on the banking.  I wasn't getting off the last corner very well and kept losing the pack so I had a great view of the 3-8 battle from just about every vantage point.  Unfortunately my camera died about 2/3rds the way through but lots of great stuff in the mean time. 

Apologies to Mark on the start, I was all up his tailpipe.  People broke earlier than I expected/normal.  Rusty alllllmost had the move of the race threading the needle.  :)

Ken, here's another link for you:

https://www.youtube....T5_6b8LYw#t=832

(@ 13:45 - you can also watch Dean throw a smoke screen on us as he says adios to his RF)  And watch the rear view camera here; I think this is Charlie pushing Dean to the track record.  As we come onto the banking, you can't even see those two, and by the time we get to T1, they cruise past me with probably 10mph - CHOO CHOO!

https://www.youtube....T5_6b8LYw#t=266

Tons of fun - look forward to doing it again at Buttonwillow and/or Thunderhill, and then, Laguna!

Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ken SM94

Ken SM94

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Region:Oregon
  • Car Year:1991
  • Car Number:94
Wow, Brian. Never knew you were there. Seems like I should have but I must have been just far enough ahead that you didn't come into my view. You were the 3rd car passing me on that one turn and I must have just lost track of you. I think I would have had to flip me off after that. Thanks for the grace....

I'll give you a point by at Laguna - assuming I'm ahead of you. :^)
Ken Sutherland
1976 4th Grade Bowling Series-Most Improved
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bruce Wilson

Bruce Wilson

Gold Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • Car Number:68

Ken, I told you that you need to stop texting while you're racing...

I have an opinion so I must be right

Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata Survivalist - Won 25 Hours at Thunderhill! We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Ken SM94

Ken SM94

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Car Number:94

Ken, I told you that you need to stop texting while you're racing...

You should see the front of my truck right now.......

Ken Sutherland
1976 4th Grade Bowling Series-Most Improved
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Brian Ghidinelli

Brian Ghidinelli

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Region:San Francisco
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:12

A little mashup of the three videos posted and synchronized!!  Who else has video that we can link up? 

http://www.youtubemu...triple-view.php

• Derrick Ambrose likes this
Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill - Survive the 25, NASA Thunderhill Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

True North

True North

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Region:Arizona
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:7

Brian...that is so cool!  C'mon guys, let's post some additional videos

Race hard my friends,
Dean Busk
Director/Spec Liaison Az. SCCA