Rollan
Sterns
Haldeman

Not in exact order
X-factorracing.com
3 podium finishes
2 2013 NASA nats
1 2013 Scca runoffs
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Region:Southwest
  • Car Year:1999
  • Car Number:22

Well done Chris! Who else was in contention after the carnage?

After about lap 2 of the restart it was essentially a five man race. Steyn, Burras, Carbonelle, Balanos and Haldeman. With about 3 to go it got pretty race as that group had cleared the field by several seconds.
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

38bfast

38bfast

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Region:OVR
  • Car Number:38
Word is Drago's car is totaled.
Ralph Provitz
V2 Motorsports

chris haldeman

chris haldeman

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Region:texas
  • Car Number:73
Nothing is ever as bad as it seems. I'm positive Drago will be on track and fast in the morning
X-factorracing.com
3 podium finishes
2 2013 NASA nats
1 2013 Scca runoffs
Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver BFG Supertour Winner - Circuit of the Americas Winner - Majors Winner - Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations!

Steve Scheifler

Steve Scheifler

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,816 posts

He just wanted an excuse to roll out the VVT?
Instigator - Made a topic or post that inspired other Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record.

James York

James York

AKA Cajun Miata Man; Overdog Driver

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Region:Houston
  • Car Year:2003
  • Car Number:03

He just wanted an excuse to roll out the VVT?

Rough way to do that. But anyway Drago was kind enough to let me drive his vvt after my newly delivered one developed an issue on the test day. I of course immediately offered to return it today after seeing his 99 post race, but I don't think he wants to start DFL and they were working to get his 99 ready for tomorrow. Let's hope he gets to race a good car.

James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA

powered by:
East Street Racing, Memphis TN

2003 Spec Miata

Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Bench Racer

Bench Racer

Different strokes for different folks : )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Region:Milwaukee
  • Car Year:1990
  • Car Number:14

Do you think he does that just to bait those who like bench racing more than real racing.

Lets see now, you said this is not a CCC thread but you continue posting with reference to my CCC post after Drago first posted about a compliance team, and now your into you usual put down type posts. Shouldn't be long before a great Majors racer like your self suggests regional/divisional racers shouldn't post on this site. 

Broken record - You are starting to sound like a broken record. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Tom Hampton

Tom Hampton

Egregious Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts
  • Region:South west
  • Car Year:1992
  • Car Number:41

Lets see now, you said this is not a CCC thread but you continue posting with reference to my CCC post after Drago first posted about a compliance team, and now your into you usual put down type posts. Shouldn't be long before a great Majors racer like your self suggests regional/divisional racers shouldn't post on this site.

Bench, mpr22- neutral corners.

Future arguing or baiting about the ccc will be deleted.

-tch
Build: www.tomhampton.info

video: vimeo.com/tomhampton

Support: X-Factor Racing

I didn't lose, I just got outspent!

Beta-Tester - Assisted us with beta testing the website. Donor - Made PayPal donation Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

Cnj

Cnj

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • Region:Sw
  • Car Number:32
A good weekend. Great weather and good racing. No damage (that I saw) today - but I probably missed something. I was completely humbled by the skills of some of the drivers who came out to play.

CNJ.
We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver

38bfast

38bfast

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
Seems Jim made the field but came in due to a flat.
Ralph Provitz
V2 Motorsports

Strongbad

Strongbad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Region:ATL
  • Car Year:1992

Sunday race results? 

Keith Andrews

Keith Andrews

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Region:CCR, SE
  • Car Number:26

Sunday race results? 

http://www.scca.com/...ts.cfm?eid=8439

MPR22

MPR22

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts
  • Car Number:22
Carbonell
Buras
Stearns
Steyn
Rollan
Bolanos
Clements
Ross
Halderman
Bickham
Burdzy
Reynolds
Novak
Shattering - For those who cant drink tequila NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner Majors Winner - Novel Approach - When a paragraph simply won't do... We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Armando Ramirez

Armando Ramirez

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Region:Florida
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:76

Four Florida boys on the top Five - Good show!

Pat Ross

Pat Ross

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Car Number:72
This weekend's race is what SM racing is all about - fast and close.

Saturday Taylor Feranti set a new SM track record during the race of 01:59.000

Today 9 people broke that record:

1 - Alex Bolanos 01:58.697
2 - Selin Rollan 01:58.700
3 - Danny Steyn 01:58.754
4 - Mike Ross. 01:58.770
5 - Chris Halderman 01:58.785
6 - Todd Buras. 01:58.825
7 - Blake Clements 01:58.839
8 - Erik Stearns 01:58.959
9 - Andrew Carbonell 01:58.981

You will note less than 0.3 seconds between the new record and the 9th person's time.
Pat
  • Danica Davison likes this

38bfast

38bfast

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
To think of the 1000 factors that goes into getting around a track, car, driver, prep. It is simply amazing that the field can be that close. Great job. Just goes to show how high of a level and how deep this class is.
Ralph Provitz
V2 Motorsports

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

And the 9th slowest guy kicked our asses!!! That Carbonell can drive!!

Just a quick post as I am on my way to Australia. Huge shoutout to the SOWDiv for a great event on a very exciting drivers track. Lovely facilities, just no great vantage points for spectators. Sad to see the first race Turn 1 carnage. Just simple touch that started a massive chain reaction. Congrats to the East Street mechanics for getting Jim's car back for the 2nd race, it looked pretty bad but was surprisingly fast in the Sunday warm up. Congrats to Alex Bolanos for the new track record. Congrats to all the podium finishers - and especially to Andrew Carbonell, Todd Buras, Eric Stearns, Chris Haldeman, Blake Clements, Selin Rollan who all contested at the front. Such close racing.

• Danica Davison likes this

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Danny Steyn

Danny Steyn

Zulu rain warrior

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:FL
  • Car Number:39

Regarding tech, several cars went through a fairly thorough tech, some more than once. Bauer pulled in the some of the front runners and some cars were pulled in from random finishing positions. Clements got pulled in twice - not happy!!! :panic:

On Saturday, Buras, Clements, and I had weights/plates, compression tested, and valve lift checked. On Sunday they pulled the heads of several cars - I believe it was Buras, Carbonell and Clements. I had my gearbox torn down. Was not there to see as on my way to Australia, but I heard there were no issues

Danny
Danny Steyn Racing | DSR YouTube Channel
Danny Steyn Photography | Adept Studios | Ocean MachineryOPM AutosportsRossini Racing Engines | G-Loc Brakes | 

2 x SCCA Runoffs Champ | 1 x NASA National Champ | 6 x June Sprints Champ | 10 x ARRC Champ

1 x SCCA Super Sweep | 2 x Triple Crown | 4 x Hoosier Super Tour Points Champ | 6 x Majors Points Champ | 5 x SEDiv Driver of the Year

June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner Series Champ - Won a points based series in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver NASA Champs Winner - NASA Champs Winner June Sprints winner  - June Sprints winner ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata ARRC Champion - Won the ARRC Race in a Spec Miata Majors Winner - BFG Supertour Winner -

Armando Ramirez

Armando Ramirez

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Region:Florida
  • Car Year:2000
  • Car Number:76

I was waiting for your recap - thank you Danny, I can shutdown now.

FTodaro

FTodaro

Veteran Member

• SMembers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Region:Great Lakes
  • Car Year:2001
  • Car Number:35

Thanks for the report Danny.

That is a fair amount of tech. I am in the process of replacing my head on my VVT car, and it has taken me 3+ hrs to get it off the car. Since i do not have a Mechanic, i wonder how I am going to pull this off if I am one of the random pulls that may have to pull a head, or drop a transmission.  

Frank
TnT Racing
SCCA Ohio Valley Region

Make it Rain - Made Paypal donation of $100+ We have a Winnah! - Won their 1st race... Congratulations! Bona fide - A bonafide Spec Miata driver Donor - Made PayPal donation

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Majors, NOLA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users